Author Topic: Traffic queues into Dalaman - allow time.  (Read 4736 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Traffic queues into Dalaman - allow time.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 17:28:46 PM »
Seriously, Jaqui's right, the Israelis use predictive profiling which starts when someone begins looking for a flight, goes through their ticket purchase method, and continues at various stages along their journey to the airport and eventual arrival at the boarding gate. There are a number of checkpoints at which just their bodylanguage and eyecontact, or lack of it can be monitored.

This is an interesting read http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-wagner/what-israeli-airport-secu_b_4978149.html

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 21:03:27 PM »
It would seem that flights are taking off more or less on time.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 13:26:18 PM »
What annoys me is the British media (especially BBC News last week) keep alluding to 'lax' security at airports, Turkey in particular.

Having travelled through many airports including both in Istanbul, I have personally never come across security scanners/checkpoints in any country apart from in Turkey that start at the site entrance and/or at the main building entrance (but I'm sure there are some where I haven't been.)

In the UK, USA, Spain, Dubai, Qutar, Singapore, Hong Kong, Dublin, Belfast etc, (unless they have all changed in recent years) the first & only security scan is once you have entered the building, passed through the check-in area and start to go through to the Departures area.

For example, Gatwick = 1 scan/security point before boarding.
                    Dalaman= 4 scan/security points before boarding.

I know where I would feel safer.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 19:13:30 PM »
Totally Hamlet. I mentioned on another post similar to what you said. Manchester Airport for example no scans/security until after check in. Two police men with guns spotted by duty free.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Traffic queues into Dalaman - allow time
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »
We allowed an extra hour for airport Tuesday night no ques at all they did open the boot and have a look but in my opinion the checks done at this same point in May were far more thorough, ( pre Istanbul attack)) unless stuff was going on that I could not see!
Anyway one person I travelled with forgot to take his watch off and no alarm was set off ( im not saying you can get much explosives in a watch) but this was a tad worrying as security was not busy at all and due to the current climate we are sadly living in...on second scanner I set if off and was frisked of this I found the lady to be very thorough, I cant remember if part of the frisking normally includes feeling around the waist but she definetely had a good old feel there to make sure I was not wearing anything under my clothes and I had also rolled my jeans up cos of the heat she had a good old search of the rolled up part...so all in all mainly good security re Dalaman...
On arrival at Gatwick I had five hours to wait for my coach I am sad to say and I really dont have the answer to what to do but I had soooo many oppurtunties to carry out an attack had I wanted to, I wandered out of the airport with my suitcase to get some air and have a vape, I wandered back in and got a sarnie and sat and ate that, there was nowhere comfy to sit so I went up to departures and watched everyone checking in at the Easyjet check in desks going on their holidays, I found somewhere to get a bit of sleep but to be honest it was such a relief to finally leave the airport...
Oh yes and in all of these five hours I did not spot one policeman...

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 12:23:24 PM »
but I bet they spotted you on one of their 140 or so CCTV cameras.  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 15:12:14 PM »
Funnily enough i did notice a lot of little cameras dotted around Gatwick but i didnt feel safe at all...
Though that reassures me a bit to think they may have been analysing my movements through the cctv   :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 16:01:57 PM »
We drove to the airport yesterday at 6pm allowing a extra hour due to previous warnings. The traffic jam was huge, it must have been at least 3 cars....lol

No problems at all. I do question the security checks or maybe the intelligence of potential terrorists as the check was basically:

1. Stop
2. Open your boot
3. See you have cases in your boot
4. Close boot
5. Goodbye.......

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 20:31:02 PM »
Agree Steve thats exactly what I thought about the security vehicle check we were in a people carrier so could not see if they actually did anything in the boot or the same as your check, open the boot/ back see there are suitcases and shut the boot and send us on our way!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf