Author Topic: Flippin Cheek Of Em..  (Read 2100 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Flippin Cheek Of Em..
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Tell you these companies have more neck than a giraffe.

Booked holiday to Rome and Sperlonga with Travel Republic. All seperate, firstly flights with jet2, 3 days in Rome hotel,then onto Sperlonga for 8 nights, back to Best Western for 1 night before flight FCO.

Looking on Trip Advisor sees my Sperlonga hotel ..quote.Our booking was cancelled by the hotel with less than 48 hours notice ("we are unable to honour your booking" ;). The hotel had been closed by the Carabinieri several days earlier. When we later checked the closed hotel for ourselves, we found a notice on the door which gave the reason for closure as financial irregularities....

Rang Travel republic who were happy to cancel paid for hotel for £40. They would refund 40 £ off any other booking within 30 days. Didnt much fancy the other hotels, so said is it possible to just do the Rome part? Change flight just to the days..this is where it gets a nause...Flights cost £324.38..they want £500..yes FIVE FKN HUNDRED QUID to ammend them from 2 weeks to 3 days..Travel republic are saying its jet2, so I got our reference off  TR and phoned. After a lot of well those are the set costs conversations, I asked for a team leader. They are escalating my query to a manager, who will contact me within 48 hours.. :o

Toys AND dummy went out by this time, back to TR cancel all 3 hotels(£40 each transferable to new booking). If JET2  decide to be reasonable, then I can book my 3 days in Rome. If not I,ll cancel at £324.38...still cheaper than ammendment fees..tut.
Moral of this tale, stick to flippin Turkey :-*

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Flippin Cheek Of Em..
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 15:19:20 PM »
OMG.  I would have thrown more than my toys out of the pram.
How on earth can they justify charges like that?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 16:56:38 PM »
If they said 60 quid each, I would have moaned but paid.  There is nothing they could say for tip  tapping some change of details into a computer..it's September, not next week..tut

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 16:59:11 PM »
That's awful.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 21:20:50 PM »
I've heard a few stories like this over the years. I've always had a bit of a bad feeling about Travel Republic, can't even explain why initially. Some prices were so cheap in the early days it seemed too good to be true. I have booked with Sunshine.co.uk and Booking.com many times and without incident - and in fairlness have booked (Manas Park in Calis) through Travel Republic as my one and only time. No problem but I was a bit nervous right up until we arrived and the hotel confirmed they had a room for us.

Terrible tale Bernie, I hope you get sorted.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 07:49:15 AM »
We have always used Travel Republic when travelling here in Turkey, and have had good servive and pricing from them. That was until our most recent booking where they cancelled our booking and offered the same time and hotel but at a lower room standard, we are challenging this with TR, but signs so far do not look good.  Has their been some changes behind the scenes at TR that we cannot see as customers?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf