Author Topic: Just how stupid is this???  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Just how stupid is this???
« on: August 05, 2016, 15:48:09 PM »
Been in touch with Thomson's as saw they have flights to Dalaman from Aberdeen in September and October.
Asked could we please book to go in September and come back four weeks later?   They have the flights on their system, they have seats available, but, we cannot book.  This is because they can only book flights going out, that return in 7 or 14 days. 
This means we cannot book with them.  The girl in the shop tells me they want customers to book for Turkey as numbers are so far down from customers who want to visit and she herself cannot understand why, when there are flights, she cannot book them for us.
She also cannot book single journeys which would have been the answer.
This is totall madness.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Just how stupid is this???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 15:58:22 PM »
Ridiculous - I was curious and tried to for myself on their website and it won't accept 28 days duration.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 17:21:38 PM »
What a disgrace.
I would complain, strongly!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 18:24:20 PM »
I tried one way Dalaman to Manchester October for our daughter. Thomson facebook said alll the flights were tied up in packages and to try later. Apparently the best time to get a flight is 6 weeks before you go. Have you looked at a Dalaman return for your date Jacqui.? Certainly not cheap at this time   :)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 18:52:56 PM »

The CO OP travel near me always put a dozen or so hand written "offers" posters in their window and typically would

include 3 or 4 Turkey offers. There has been nothing for Turkey for a couple of months now and they stopped including

the Turkish Lira on their Currency Exchange at the beginning of the year. Actions like these and airlines turning away

paying customers don't bode well for Turkish tourism. They need to help not hinder.    :(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 19:47:21 PM »
True Kevin,  along with them all stopping direct  flights to uk from Dalaman at end October, not good.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 20:14:24 PM »
They will not do returns only, you have to book a round trip Bernie.
I have tried to complain but their online complaint form has to have a booking reference.   Tried ringing, waste of time, three calls two told me to try again with the same number as I was in the wrong section, however, I had selected "complaints". Last call put me straight through to their Glasgow shop, who told me to ring the same number again...I gave up.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 20:39:06 PM »
Have you tried Thomson Fly, on the Facebook page. They are doing some one ways just not to Manchester. Where you flying to Jacqui? Aberdeen? Sorry it's thomson airways Turkey. Might be worth messaging them x

Offline lissa

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 21:48:59 PM »
I think part of the answer is that Thomson are not just an airline, they are a tour operator also. And as such, have taken hotels or rooms which they have guaranteed to pay. So they want to sell holidays, not just flights. How can they get bodies in beds if they just sell flight seats?
They have Sensatori near to Fethiye, for instance, so need to fill that as much as they can. Also have cruises from Marmaris, probably need to sell these cabins as just a Thomson ship.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 21:53:55 PM »
Yes, but as the girl in the shop tells me, no one wants to go to Turkey they cannot sell the holidays.  If they will let you have a two week flight in September, I cannot see it making a lot of different to extent it to October. The girl tells me there is lots of availability.   In fact she tell me if someone is now coming in for a holiday, they have to ask them is there anywhere they do not want to go to, apparently the answer is always Turkey. They are departed to fill the flights.
Bernie looked at that page on F.B but don't see any information about booking flights.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf