Author Topic: How to stop the LibDems  (Read 2554 times)

Offline starman™

How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 16:35:29 PM »
what profit? well I guess the wet sticky black stuff that they seem to have a lot there. Juicy contracts that were on offer etc etc.

We have a regime elsewhere on this planet that blatantly has no human rights, ignores resolution after resolution, test nuclear bombs yet as they have no oil I guess no one wants to invade them. Another example, wanton killing in Yugoslavia with death camps etc but how many years did it take to pull our fingers out? rwanda, again the world just stood by same as darfur but would the story be different if they had oil?
Wars cost money and it seems goverments are only willing to go to war and use our young lads and lasses so they can make a profit. For gods sake, Dick Cheney was in charge of Haliburton before he became VP so I bet he made a ton of money with the stock options he had.

Sorry but I just feel very strong about this. Young kids as young as 18 years old being sent to do something so others can make money whilst the money grabbing people in charge are giving them BS about how they are doing it for queen and country and democracy. Come on, since when was Iraq a threat to the UK, were tanks sat waiting across the channel waiting to invade?

Offline davidzz

How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 16:38:53 PM »
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by davidzz

There is a way to stop Libdems

Vote Labour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you would vote for a party that took you to war over lies and profit?

I am voting for a party that I believe to be the best for the majority of the people who live here. I do not agree with all decisions made by the labour administration, likewise there are some ideas that I like about the Conservative and libdems, but I feel I have a duty to elect an MP that will be in a government respresenting the interests of most people. It is a bit petty for someone to decide their vote on one single issue, otherwise no one would vote. We have to live in this country and that is why we have the right to decide.

David

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 16:40:04 PM »
Do you seriously think the "profit" of the local oil company contracts cover the cost of the wars?

Offline starman™

How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 17:09:04 PM »
Tax payer pays for the wars, the politicians profit from the companies that get the contracts.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 17:19:21 PM »
Just Labour ones huh

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
looks like Nigel Farage was not the only one to take a nose dive  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »
Not to worry Mike - I'm sure the Libs will get together with the Cons and form a majority ;-)

Not surprised they lost seats though - their policies are weak on key issues and their promise of an amnesty for illegals, dropping of trident and the possibility of them ditching the £ cost them dear.

They may yet have a part to play though if things can be worked out.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
"Not to worry Mike - I'm sure the Libs will get together with the Cons and form a majority ;-)"

Unfortunately so ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 09:24:47 AM »
I just did a check on the remaining seats and apart from a few London most of them will go Tory if 2005 is anything to go by. So it's pretty certain Lib/Lab will not get enough seats to form a government - unless there are some shocks.

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
How to stop the LibDems
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
I refer the honorable member to the answer I gave earlier  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf