Author Topic: The Secret Tourist (BBC1)  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
The Secret Tourist (BBC1)
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 20:41:44 PM »
Anytime is a bad time tiddly winks ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 20:45:00 PM »
I had a customer a few years back who told me she had bought 4 "Take a Break" type magazines at the airport for the journey, and three of them contained Turkish love rat stories. You women, they put the stories in your favourite magazines and still dozens head out there and fall for the same old rubbish!

Offline tiddly winks

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 21:14:06 PM »
'You women'?! Cheeky beggar, not every girl falls for it. Lads can try what they like, I always know there's another girl in next week. Thats what the other women need to keep in mind when they're being chatted up.

Or maybe I'm just a cynical girl  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 21:16:29 PM »
Give it another 40 years Winko, then we'll see :D

Offline tiddly winks

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 21:50:07 PM »
Nah I doubt it even in 40 years. If I have the heads up with all these stories now then I'm safe :D

Offline Lindar

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 22:06:21 PM »
Glad I am not the only one that thought this program to be absolute tosh. Yes it does harm resorts for sure. Turkey in particular I think people have pre-conceived ideas about so any negative press is reaffirming that belief. My boss had the pleasure of being able to afford a holiday at Lykia World in Olu deniz last year. When she was younger she worked on cruise ships and has travelled the world then and since she has married, she is not short of money and beleive me the most particular person I know about quality of food, accomodation, everything really! She told me that honestly that was the best resort that she has EVER stayed on in terms of quality, everything was absolutely perfect, the food, staff, entertainment, accomodation, beautifuly landscaped gardens and lovely private beach. I thought she could never be pleased but there you go! I was expecting her to come back and be disappointed! All I have ever done is look through the gates because all inc is not for me. Turkey in my mind is for everyone and can be whatever you want it to be. It is a beautiful country for everyone I am not easy to please and it is definately a very pleasing place. These programmes are such bloody rubbish yes you should be on your guard always I know but I just think it increases paranoia about countries that people may of been considering.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 22:14:32 PM »
In episode 1 (I think) there was another complex scam which they enacted for our benefit. Two old biddies booked a boat trip in Spain with a couple of men at the harbour. When they came at the agreed time for the trip the men had gone and so had their money. Ingenious.

Offline Lindar

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 22:36:03 PM »
They weren't old biddies were they Keith!! Yes absolutely ingenious scam reminded me of kids TV actually where they play tricks on kids very simple and hardly shocking! I think that they just try to make programs up out of nothing now we have so many channels. No more quality TV.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 22:38:31 PM »
They weren't spring chickens either Linda! Yes you are right, I half expect Barney to pop up with "You've been pranked by the prank patrol". :D

Apologies to members with no young kids, that would have made no sense  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 22:44:36 PM »
Funny how the "old biddy" stories always attract the reader, myself included, but not heard of any for ages, but then again I am not a regular reader of mags, but will get them in the airport next week,:P
and the programme in question is far too like rogue traders,rubbish,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf