Author Topic: Ricky Tomlinson a star  (Read 2679 times)

Offline Sleuth

Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 13:35:34 PM »
The injured party was interviewed with Ricky Tomlinson present....
( tv documentary prog 2004 / 2005 )
Tomlinson was seeking some kind of forgiveness from the guy,  but the guy clearly did not forgive Tomlinson, the injured guy was still distressed, and affected by the ordeal  30 odd years on

Offline Sleuth

Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 13:47:05 PM »
In fairness, thinking back I am not sure whether Tomlinson was directly personally involved with the guys lifetime injuries.  He met up with the guy to apologise,( on tv ) but the guy didnt exactly `shake hands` with Tomlinson  at the end of the interview.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 13:53:41 PM »
What I can't understand is how someone who I don't find funny at all has managed to amass so much money. If it's from acting and comedy I can think of a few on here who have missed out big time.

Not a fan as you probably guessed but I admire his generosity.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 21:00:07 PM by stoop »

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 20:52:50 PM »
Check out his role in the film riff raff

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 22:41:11 PM »
For goodness sake give the guy a break "he has done good" by donating a million quid of his own money to a damn good cause, why the bleating, love him or hate him, I love him in the Royles he is so funny, there is  a spin off on Wedanasday night behind the sofa with the Royle Family on Gold I will be watching it thats for sure, well done Ricky!

Offline BM06

Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 23:55:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sleuth

Yes... agreed a great donation...  but I  cant stand the guy... as a building tradesman, I remember how, back in the 70`s.. him running around the building sites clobbering all the tradesmen with a baseball bat... one of which he maimed  for life !!! and all they were doing was trying to earn a crust, and didnt agree with the strike action that Ricky Tomlinson was a major  `trade union` player of.. ( tv documentary in 2004 )  Nasty character back then... and in my eyes , unforgivable behaviour

so you do not remember HIM running around sites clobbering workers with a baseball bat[?]  PM me please I would like to meet you and speak about the real world :) ;)

Offline BM06

Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 00:06:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

What I can't understand is how someone who I don't find funny at all has managed to amass so much money. If it's from acting and comedy I can think of a few on here who have missed out big time.

Not a fan as you probably guessed but I admire his generosity.

You must be a millionaire then. ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 15:35:05 PM »
I remember watching that documentary, I do not recall him being responsible for the injuries caused to anyone,but do remember the emotions stirred in him at the plight of men trying to hold on to their jobs and the fact that his mate died as a result of going to prison for the same beliefs,
But on topic, well done Ricky, ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 16:03:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by c1

Check out his role in the film riff raff

I'd rather not :)

You know when you just don't like an actor/comedian - well that's how I feel about him and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch him.

Fair do's though - he's put his money where his mouth is which is more that can be said for many 'stars' out there.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Ricky Tomlinson a star
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 16:04:39 PM »
Ricky was never accused of assault, nearly 40 years ago he went to jail, for the strong beliefs
he held to keep people in jobs, he was extremely passionate and went about things the wrong way and was punished for it.
However, he served his time, came out and went on to be a successful actor, he was a natural who need no training and gave pleasure to so many people.   After so much success, he could have sat back and enjoyed his money in a selfish way, but he didn't.
He has also worked tirelessly for charity and now has give away a million pounds.   I personally think he should not be pillared for something he did so long ago.   He should be congratulated for changing his life for the good and in doing so helping people with his generosity.    He has put the past behind him now and moved on, so should everyone else.  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf