Author Topic: Breaking news; Camilla to become queen?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Breaking news; Camilla to become queen?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 15:00:49 PM »
What annoys me, and probably millions of other Scots people is why was Thatcher allowed to impose the poll tax on the aforesaid  Nation 1 year before the English had to pay it? This most abhorrent and unjust tax was vehemently opposed, not only by the Scottish people at the time, but also, the entire Nation. A total of 2% of Great Britain thought it was the right thing to do????
Mind you, there was one good thing that did come of it, she was chucked out by her own party faithful? Ha- Ha, a few months later. What goes around, comes around!
Oh, and Mark, old chappie, the gentlemans name was Hadrian, with an "H".
What about the other wall that all "Sassenachs" either ;don't know about, or else have forgotten about about, probably the former. Not meant to say that the English are stupid, just that their education lacks something to be desired.  ;)
Gordy.

Offline Eric

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 15:27:08 PM »
Are we talking about Offa's Dyke here?  Built to keep the Welsh in their place:D ;)

Offline GordonA

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 15:36:50 PM »
Nope! :D

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 17:05:00 PM »
The Whinging noise of a conquered nation. who have over £1100 per person spent more of tax payers money on them than England.I can just see King Alec with his Rab C garden party,going cap in hand to World Bank bleating how the English done them in.what with HBOS and BoS both two of the biggest victims Not. Also very high percentage of Scots employed by the state, may change soon the old saying "cyde built" which used to mean somthing, now has a hollow ring.:D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 17:08:37 PM by c1 »

Offline GordonA

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 17:19:26 PM »
I was trying to calm down a little, but, c1, could you possibly explain your phrase "conquered nation"/ Conquered by whom, may I ask?
Gordy.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »
Surely if you had won anything you would have your own Embassy and Passport by now ,one thing you would win is whinging you beat the Brits hands down if it is so good there why do so many leave ?
                             ;)

I was trying to calm down a little, but, c1, could you possibly explain your phrase "conquered nation"/ Conquered by whom, may I ask?
Gordy.
[/quote]

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
Strange thing Lance lots of Scots leave and then defend the place to the hilt, however, the Scots that leave are replaced by English people.  I watch the local news up here in Scotland and whenever they visit Highland villages or the islands and interview the locals they always seem to be English.  We have lived in Scotland since we got married and I would not move back to England. I love my home in Scotland and all my Scottish friends.  Maybe it takes someone from England to appreciate Scotland?

Offline geordieboy

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »
Poor old Jocks,they've never been the same since Culloden  :).

Offline BM06

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
What with our very own Highlander on ''crack'' at half time[?] (I hope you meant, having the ''Craic'' John  ;):D) is this a fare stereotype of our Gordon[?] ;)http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331821/BBC-accused-racial-stereotyping-including-drunk-Scot-Jazzer-The-Archers.html discuss[?]:D

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 13:04:04 PM »
Culloden, I think more Low land scots were on the English side.but it hammer the highlanders.Gordy are you a highlander ? or a lowlander? I note the Campbell clan who's clan leader hosted a meal and put up another clan leader only to murder them in their sleep at around this . this is from memory ie school history, I feel sure those who can be bothered will look it up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf