Author Topic: Bring back the cane!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 13:52:57 PM »
I honestly don't think its all about BEATING (as in black and blue), but it IS about getting kids to take discipline seriously.  Kids should know that there is a price to pay for disrespecting authority.  This begins (or should) in the home.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 14:01:16 PM »
yes of course your right linda, nobody mentioned thrashing and beating apart from those against it, we are talking about the degenerates in secondary education that interupt the teaching of pupils that want to learn,a couple of swishes of the cane on each hand and if that doesn't work it's off to boot camp.

Offline Karabag

Bring back the cane!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 14:49:31 PM »
Yes I agree Rindaloo, children need boundaries which they SHOULD learn at home and most children do learn their boundaries and I bet it wasn't with a cane!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 14:57:34 PM »
no, sometimes it takes something a little harsher to get the message across and sometimes from another source.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 14:58:06 PM »
Oh, we're not talking about beating children; we are talking about swishing degenerates. That makes everything different.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 15:01:10 PM »
yes

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 15:13:34 PM »
Colwyn, I hold you in very high esteem and bow to your superior knowledge,
I know the cane is not the ultimate answer but indispline is a very serious problem in our schools at this moment in time and much of it stemming from bad parenting and lack of family values, I am sure you will agree something has got to be done to the boy/girl who can swear and push teachers around at their will, What would your solution be?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 20:31:14 PM by tinkerman »

Offline maximumtom

Bring back the cane!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 17:04:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike A

On the contrary, I was forced to learn the whole of Matthew Chapter three " In those days came John the baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judea" because I feinted in the dinner queue, It neither stopped me feinting or made me a christian, a rather pointless exercise at the hand of a very sadistic teacher, as irrelevant to me as caning was.

So you weren't actually beaten ?  Did you feint to the left or to the right or did you just faint ? I guess nobody fainted in Matthew Chapter 3, otherwise you would never have made the mistake. ;)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 21:50:30 PM »
My daughter in law teaches teenagers and I think its a bit much when she has to have a panic alarm to call for help.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Bring back the cane!
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 23:25:46 PM »
I got caned at school, I also got a clout at home and it did me no harm whatsoever. I believe that the return of corporal punishment at all levels is necessary in our current sad state of affairs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf