Author Topic: what is your pet hate  (Read 2618 times)

Offline happy chappy

what is your pet hate
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
mine is people throwing rubbish out of a car .what is your's ? dave
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:57:29 AM by tinkerman »

Offline Fastlady

what is your pet hate
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
seeing Turks driving with a young tot on their lap!  Makes my blood boil!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
what is your pet hate
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:48:50 AM »
Idiots putting stupid questions in the members introduction section [:(!] ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:43 AM »
no need to be so harsh to a new member ken, welcome to the forum as you can see members get upset at the tiniest of mistakes, please make sure you post your topics in the correct forum ;)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:58:53 AM »
in fact which forum would you put it under? from the first few replies it is to do with Turkey

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Ken - even I give new members a bit of slack, CBF is often the first forum new members have experienced so it is encouragement that is needed, not being called an idiot - I doubt you remember how daunting it can feel to walk into a busy forum and speak - this is hardly going to give other new members who are yet to post the confidence boost they need to join in our varied discussions.

To the topic - if it is about Turkey, my pet hate is Brits sitting around in bars getting great enjoyment from loudly telling all their associates stories about how bad this or that is in Turkey - the dreadful work someone did on their home or how thick someone was when they spoke to them (missing entirely that it was probably caused by their own total inability to explain things carefully and clearly.

If it isn't about Turkey specifically then we could be here a while  ;) - I'll probably go for ignorant drivers that you sit patiently waiting for to pass at a T junction for before you pull out - then just as they get to the junction they indicate at the last possible moment to turn into the road you are waiting to pull out of. I quite possibly hate that more than the women on the supermarket tills who say nothing until the last item is packed into the last bag and all is paid for, then start a whole conversation about whether the customer has seen Jean lately.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
Right then;
Queues at tills and assistants either talking to each other or restocking shelves! Whats the point restocking if the previous customers cant get out of the door?
Pushbikes during rush hour traffic!
Pushbikes with those kiddy carts on the back- OMG death traps!
Those kids in jeans that barely cover their ar*e- and yes I mean the kids rather than the jeans! Learn to dress- numpties!
People eating with the their cutlery in the wrong hands! You know who you are.
Louis Walsh- Jedward- Wagner and now Johnny- really?
I could go on but I can feel my blood pressure rising and I've got a meeting to chair!:-\

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
Automated answering systems, particularly those that no matter what option you press, just send you round in the loop again & again:-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
What about the frustration of making a call to a helpline or customer services, where you wait in a queue for ages - then get through to someone, explain everything to them - only to be told you need to speak to another department, and when they transfer you, YOU GET CUT OFF!!!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
what is your pet hate
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 13:01:34 PM »
I did have a grump on here some time ago about various pet hates but I can't find it.

It's a long list and if I find it I will bore you all with it again which in turn will give certain people the excuse to list it as one of their pet hates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf