Author Topic: I'm Having a Breakdown  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 13:21:02 PM »
It's a 7 seater deisel Ian, please tell me how one can be driven in a "boy racer" way :D

I could leave it running and nip into Tesco and it would be perfectly safe - no chavs would be seen dead in it let alone nick it  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 13:24:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Stan

Think they should have said it "might" have reset it. Indeed it might , but as you say thats the last thing you want to do miles from home. Need  ctrl, alt ,del buttons on modern vehicles !

No, quite right Stan - they didn't say it would solve it as I implied - more it "probably" would have. I'm just not that brave.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 13:37:08 PM »

I could leave it running and nip into Tesco and it would be perfectly safe - no chavs would be seen dead in it let alone nick it  :)
[/quote]

Reminds me when my lads were about 9 and 10 I had a volvo but we moved house and it was 3 mile to school, so I got Carole a nice Fiat 126 to take the kids to school. They flatly refused to be seen in a mustard coloured Fiat 126 with a rag roof, I ended up travelling 20 miles to work in it while Carole had my car. On the odd occasion the did get in it they were dropped off 300yds from school.
Mark

Offline Stan

I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 13:56:01 PM »
Reminds me ,used to have a Renault 12 about twenty years ago, did all work on it myself, after changing the oil I checked it was in neutral through the open drivers window and started it up to check for leaks  , shame it had a lot of play in the gear lever, and it only felt like it was in neutral,bloody thing started instantly and went straight through my  lovely wooden garage doors. Learned to check more thoroughly though !

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 14:32:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It is a Renault Scenic 7 seat jobbie Stoop

Known in our business as "Window-licker Buses". :D ;):D

Offline suehugh

I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 18:16:13 PM »
I wonder what he level of coolant in your engine was.
I had the same problem some weeks back.I was 10 miles into a 50 mile run on the motorway. Heading for a job interview. After a further 5 miles of swearing and cursing, I came off onto a side road and called the RAC.
The RAC man could not offer a diagnosis and offered a tow to a designated garage. As we were discussing this we noticed a humming noise despite the engine being off for 10 mins. Wallah ! No water in the cooling system. Problem solved, apart from a leaky cooling system.

Offline peecee

I'm Having a Breakdown
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 18:58:41 PM »
4 pages on a non-existent car problem, don't you love the CBF:D
Years ago I had my car serviced and the garage could only offer me a skoda (in the years before they became good/popular)  I nearly drove through the village with a paperbag on my head.  Did duck down when I saw anyone I knew[^]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf