Author Topic: Perhaps I deserve this..who knows?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Perhaps I deserve this..who knows?
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
I have noted that every time I come to the Forum with help or information someone immediately comes and gives me the thumbs down and drops my rating.  Now, I don't  care about this, I maybe deserve a thumbs down when I try to help.
I came to the site this morning to share news about a new website which I thought would save members money.  I am now getting another thumbs down.  So perhaps I am best not to post on this thread anymore?
I always liked CBF I felt welcome and at home here,  but I find this behaviour quite sneaky and sinister.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Re: Perhaps I deserve this..who knows?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
It would be interesting if the person doing it would come forward and explain their thinking on this.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »
What is thumbs up/down?   I think I am not paying attention. off now to see what it is and what is happening.   And also to see what the money off website is. 
  All looks a little Masonic to me!

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »
Has it gone?!?

Ooh, yes, it has!!!   ;D                                                            8)                                                               Wooooooooooooooo!!!

Offline Christie

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
Like, Loz, I haven't a a clue what thumbs up/down is.  Please keep posting Jacqui as I rely on you to let me know about the various sales when they are on.    :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 11:40:31 AM »
Yes, having read this I have taken the executive decision to remove the rating facility. It was introduced to allow people to show appreciation for the input of others but seems to be more popular for attempting to upset members. Personally I wouldn't let it get to me and am pleased to see my own positive "thumbs up" of a nett 32 - but it is rather irritating that I run this place for people to freely use out of my own time and the other side of the equation is my 14 thumbs down - cheers to you 14 guys for your appreciation of what I created for us all!

We'll continue to look for an alternative, something like a member "thanks" response option but for now, those people who have a problem with any member will just have to tell them, not hide behind a silly little forum thumb.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »
Hear, hear Scunner.

Jacqui, don't let it get to you, you are always alerting us ladies to websites that we would never know about.  How do you find them?  Keep them coming  ;D

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:03 AM »
I think a 'Thanks' button would be a better idea.  Sometimes you don't want to post a comment but it would be good to be able to express apprival/agreement.(or maybe disapproval/disagreement  ???).

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
Glad to see it gone - thanks Keith, and Jacqui, I and I am sure many others do appreciate your contributions here too   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 11:55:23 AM »
The problem is that the thumbs up/down doesn't show what is being approved/disliked (it doesn't show which post caused the thumbs up/down or even whether it was a specific post at all) - just that someone did or didn't like something about someone. That is probably why it felt a little sinister to some.

A "thanks for posting" option would be far better - but there currently isn't one for this forum type. In the meantime, if people have a problem with someone, be adult about it and tell them. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf