Author Topic: Perhaps I deserve this..who knows?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline patrice

Re: Perhaps I deserve this..who knows?
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
Yes I always enjoy reading your posts Jacqui so keep them coming

Offline 160606

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
Like others I have no idea what the thumbs up/down is or where you can see it.  Please don't let this  upset you, all your tips are appreciated by many.  And in essence whoever  is doing it is nothing but a bully and should be treated as such.  What is wrong with these people!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
I used the thumbs down and thumbs up quite a lot while it existed. I used thumbs up for posts that made me laugh or were particularly helpful and in particular for new members who I thought were trying to add something to the discussion threads.

As someone who received a thumbs up rating at one point of 20 that dropped to 17 it did at first bother me and then I thought who cares. I always try to be polite and helpful and if that's not good enough then tough.

My main reason for using thumbs down was because I think sometimes people can be quite snippy in their replies to new members in particular. I personally think there is no need for this. There is always a nice way to point someone in the right direction or advise them better how to use the search facility or the forum in general. We were all new members once and not everyone is familiar with a discussion forum.

I also meet a lot of people and many read the forum but say they would never post and the main reason for that is that they are scared about how they or their contributions will be received based on how they have seen some topics develop. I always try to encourage people to post and that what they have to say is worth sharing.

Overall I believe the forum does an excellent job and that spats between members and unpleasant personal comments are fairly rare and new members are warmly welcomed into topics these days  8)

Offline eagles

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
Jacqui, I also enjoy your 'heads up' on the sales too!  please dont stop  :) 

Offline starman

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Jacqui, considering the amount you post and contributed to this forum, you only deserve a big thumbs up.

Shame there isnt a thanks button for this software, is there karma or anything like that?

Offline eagles

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
It was your comments that started me posting Nicola!! (thanks) 'thumbs up' to you  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:22 PM »
Aw thanks Eagles :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
Shame there isnt a thanks button for this software, is there karma or anything like that?

The thumbs up/down was the Karma modification Starman

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 13:34:51 PM »
Same on the Leeds board I go on. One person always rates articles as 1 star. We call him the phantom 1 star poster but it's more of a joke now really.

It just seems that some people have nothing better to do than try and bring others down to their level Jacqui. Sad but true I'm afraid.

Glad it's removed though as I was getting a little worried (yeah right!) I only had about 3 thumbs up ;-)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 16:41:34 PM »
Im definately glad its gone Jacqui, the 1st day of our new forum i gave 2 posts, the next day i logged on i was - 11, i did 2 more posts helping people with advice i-e bike rental etc, the next log in i was -14, so it was turning into silly games in my opinion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf