Author Topic: Hillsborough - The Truth  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Hillsborough - The Truth
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 16:45:16 PM »
As requested Rimms...

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 16:56:53 PM »
THE TRUTH

I will bet the Sun run a similar headline tomorrow ?

With the underlying text that they were 'duped' by lying coppers. It's a pity they didn't balance those lies with statements from thousands of decent fans who while fighting for their lives were being pushed back into the pens by the police.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 17:15:49 PM »
THE TRUTH

I will bet the Sun run a similar headline tomorrow ?

With the underlying text that they were 'duped' by lying coppers. It's a pity they didn't balance those lies with statements from thousands of decent fans who while fighting for their lives were being pushed back into the pens by the police.
That would be the same 'lying coppers' who over the years have done such a magnificent job for the Sun and it's News International sister paper the News of the Screws, in either supplying information on ongoing investigations, or covering up and denying News International's involvement in bugging people's phones, and indeed making corruption payments to the same sort of lying and corrupt coppers.

Offline cheers

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 18:34:11 PM »
Liverpool is NOT a happy place to be tonight!  We just have a great sense of relief that the TRUTH is now out! 

One thing we are all asking ourselves is how 'Sir' Norman Bettison became Chief Constable of Liverpool after his part in the cover up???

As for the 'Scum' paper I personally think it will just be a pic of Cam saying Sorry on their front page tomorrow!  There again as the Hillsborough families said .... McKenzie's apology is too little and has come too late!!!! 

Offline 160606

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 22:03:27 PM »
Although Evertonians we are as happy as the Liverpudians of this City that the truth is finally out there.  We abhor the government of the time who obviously allowed the authorities to trick and mis inform the country that the people of Liverpool were drunks who tried to get into a match without tickets.  This is the same government that tried to destroy Liverpool. we now demand that those people at whatever level of authority are brought to task, along with the Chief Constable of South Yorkshire who said the same on the television this evening.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 22:20:27 PM by 160606 »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 23:41:56 PM »
As some of you know I am in the Justice group, and have been to the vigil tonight, I can only speak for my own feelings and say I feel no sense of triumph today, relief,yes, and other mixed emotions, I already knew what some of the findings would disclose, but when you are up close and personal with some of the survivors it beggars belief, it really does, for 23 years we have cried together, laughed together and stood side by side and fought the authorities together,  and its been the comments like, move on, why dont we forget it, that have hurt as much as the accusations of robbing the dead , looking for compensation etc, this has never been about compensation, although the south Yorkshire police have been paid out millions for the disaster, I was even dreading reading a negative comment on here, thankfully, there is none, but I am sure this will lead to prosecutions being made, those responsible will be made accountable, Bettison should be called in, but I personally would love to see McKenzie squirm like the worm he is, (oops, long post for me)

Offline cheers

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 00:53:33 AM »
We feel your pain Laffa.  Not one person reading the findings of today could post a negative comment on here or anywhere else!  Unfortunately McKenzie never squirmed and neither will he!  Same old .... It wasn't my fault, someone told me?

These words said it all .... Too little, too late!!!!

I for one wouldn't say R.I.P The Sun!!!!!!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 02:04:04 AM »
I didn't know you were in the Justice group Laffa. WOW! really proud of you and all who have fought for the truth all these years.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Hillsborough - The Truth
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
And low and behold, the headline in today's Scum ( Sorry, Sun )

THE REAL TRUTH

Offline marina

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
Laffa, I'm sure yesterday was very difficult emotionally.  Not just for the families of the 96 and people like yourselves who have fought for getting justice for them, but for the City of Liverpool as a whole. 

I am pleased that you have at last  got the truth of what happened on that terrible day, now hope that you get the justice they deserve and people responsible are prosecuted and held to account.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf