Author Topic: Hillsborough - The Truth  (Read 2802 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Re: Hillsborough - The Truth
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:38 AM »
Agree with you cheers. The sense of relief here in Liverpool is palpable, now that the truth is out there, but the hurt and betrayal of the authorities who KNEW what had happened and did not speak out will never go away. The fact that 41 people could have possibly have been saved is a fact that is hard to bear. Liverpool will never forget the 96.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 19:48:58 PM »
Just to say Newsnight tonight will be worth watching, think it is dealing about the question of prosecutions,
Rimms, exactly what we expected from the s*n today, you were right. and thank you all for your comments,  this could have happened to any football club, but maybe not every club would have still been fighting for nearly a quarter of a century, and for that reason I am so proud, I stood next to a survivor last night, a big man reduced to tears by the fact he had been vindicated from the slurs he has lived with for all these years, and was thinking of him going to work this morning with his head held higher than its been in a long time, it means so much.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 10:19:05 AM »
An uplifting post Laffa.  Still a long fight ahead but justice must be done I hope.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 17:06:40 PM »
I really hope others on here understand the feelings we Scouser,s have. I went from a feeling of dread prior to the release of the report, to elation (hope you understand the context) when it was confirmed what we all knew on Merseyside where most people either know someone who was there on the day or actually attended the match themselves, that the police were nothing but a bunch of liars, My emotion has now turned to anger, when more than 40 people could have survived this disaster if the emergency services had reacted to a catastrophe rather than a bunch of drunk Scouse hooigans.

Why should those families accept a verdict of "Accidental Death"  on their death certificate? If it was my son or daughter, I would not accept that those people with a 'duty of care' were exhonorated by this statement.

I'm a big fan of the series "Who Do You Think You Are?" and in 200 years when people will trace their ancestry, I want THE TRUTH to be registered against those 96.

I hope you understand. THE FIGHT GOES ON.

Offline marina

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 17:31:32 PM »
Rimms, I can only speak for myself but unless you've lived in Liverpool, or come from there originally, or have family or friends who live there I don't think the rest of us can completely understand what you've all gone through in the last 23 years.  We think we can, but to be part of that community and to have had to live with the truth being hidden from you and fought for it without ever giving up must have been heartbreaking at times and bloody hard emotionally.

Laffa made a point in her post which made me think, about the chap who broke down in tears after after being vindicated now and no longer has to live with the slurs.  This is another side which we, who are not immediately involved, sometimes forget.   As well as the 96 who died, and their families, there are the thousands of other supporters who were there and had to witness their friends being killed in front of them. Not only that but had to pull bodies out of the pen and carry them across the pitch on makeshift stretchers. 

I'm so pleased for you all the the truth, shocking as it is, has now come out.  I understand the need to fight on and hope everyone involved in the lying and cover ups is brought to justice. 

I hope I would have found the strength to fight for so long for the truth if one of my family had been involved.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 22:15:31 PM »
i work with a lady who lost her son and have heard all the details of what happened on the day from her and i am made up that she has justice for her son
she as been haunted by what happened as so are the other families and i wish i was at work to show her how i feel aqbout the outcome

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf