Author Topic: Fly By Weight  (Read 3159 times)

Offline angela

Re: Fly By Weight
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 15:57:40 PM »
I am speaking personally (and professionally)  Bluwise, I was a mega "chub" and I did un-inflict myself

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 16:01:52 PM »
BTW too angela......I have a very underactive thyroid which they have been trying to balance for 7 years. I go to the hospital every 2 months. I eat once per day, at about 7pm. For that meal I might have 2 boiled eggs and a salad, sometimes just a tomato. During the day I have 2 hot drinks, one tea and one coffee both with sugar. I don't want to eat. I have no appetite. I eat only because I know I have to, to stay alive. My consultant is very worried because my calorific intake each day doesn't even hit 600. It takes more calories than that for the body to carry out it's basic functions. Yet still I gain weight! Would you call that pigging out??

Offline angela

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 16:20:34 PM »
no, an under active thyroid is so difficult to get under control, and it doesn't matter what you do. Exercise is difficult too. Yet tip the other way to overactive and the weight drops off, but that's not healthy either. The body  is a wonderful thing, but is capable of very cruel tricks

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 16:25:58 PM »
I can't exercise. One reason is that I'm too tired and the other is that the Thyroxine is already putting too much strain on my heart even though it won't make my metabolism work. Why would one need to exercise 600 calories off though? I must stress that I'm not obese but I am most certainly more than I should weigh for my height. People shouldn't assume that others are pigging out though.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 16:28:17 PM »
I congratulate you Angela on your achievement (sincerely) as it is no easy task. 
I just think your comment was a bit patronising.  Most people are aware too much energy in and not enough out equals weight gain.  There is also evidence that some people are pre-disposed to weight gain making it even harder to control. 

Mrs B, I do hope a balance is found for you......must be horrendous having to be so careful

• Newly Registered
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 16:33:10 PM »
Thank you Bluwise. Me too actually because it's not even a case of being careful. I just don't want to eat.  :(

Offline angela

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 19:14:36 PM »
apologies if you found it patronising, very easy to fall into work mode when you  work in health care

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 19:57:06 PM »
No, don't worry about it angela. It's just very upsetting to spend your life as a size 10 and then not to be able to hang onto that because of a hormone! !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf