Author Topic: It's a Small World  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
It's a Small World
« on: May 16, 2013, 19:33:11 PM »
Impressed by Ron's tale the other day...

Also meant to say Russ ,I was walking down the road in Los Alcazares in August last year and a car pulled up ,it was Graham my next door neighbour in Davutlar who had already moved here last year. Small world.

Do you have any "small World" stories?

I think I have but I can't think of any at the mo :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: It's a Small World
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 20:07:37 PM »
While sunbathing on Patara beach, Brenda heard a work mates' mother walking past ;D.

And before anyone jumps in, it was her voice she heard not her footsteps   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 20:24:54 PM »
We went up to Boat of Garten for the weekend.  We took a drive around the area and ended up in Grantown on Spey.  We were just going into a shop when someone called me.  It was Jim Fraser's wife Helen (they live in Fethiye now).  She had come over to Scotland for a couple of weeks and was with her brother who lives locally..... What a small world.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 20:31:54 PM »
When students Angela and I were on holiday in Greece. She was sunbathing topless on the beach when a shadow fell over her.  She opened her eyes to see two male friends we had in Stirling. Surprise!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 22:24:43 PM »
When we were on a boat trip in Perth, Oz I got talking to a bloke who lived half a mile up the road from us in York. He was visiting his daughter who was on her gap year.

We also once went to Wet and Wild in Orlando and bumped into a family from round the corner who's kids went to school with mine.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 23:00:38 PM »
Forgot this one... When we where looking for a property, in Calis.  The Estate Agent took us around a number of properties.  Eventually, we went to the Villa we would buy.  We looked around the Villa and when we were leaving, saw a young English couple in the next garden.  So we went to speak to them. The coincidence was they were, like me from Liverpool.  The guy told me his parents owned the Villa. I asked which part of Liverpool his parents lived in.. It was Maghull where I used to live.  I said that was such a coincidence then I asked which road, it was just a stones throw  from the road I had lived in.  I told them the road where used live Moorhey Road  and the guy told me, that was the road his Mother was born in.... So we bought the Villa and now our good neighbours come from exactly the same place as me in Liverpool. :o :D
Now you could not make that up...   ;)

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 23:44:09 PM »
Way back in 2001 when I was repping in Kuşadasi, I held my welcome meeting as normal.. then when taking bookings for excursions after the meeting, a woman came over to pay for her tickets and after talking about where she was from... turned out she lived across the road from my Dad! But the man she was on holiday with wasn't her husband!! Awkward   :)

Offline Aaitken11

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »
Had friends over staying with us. Took them to Hisaronu to let them see it one night and my friend met his cousin who he had not seen for 25 years.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 07:07:40 AM »
The other year our Turkish neighbour took us to a restaurant in Hisaronu which was our first ever trip up there. Later that night Maggie pointed a guy out and asked if it was my mates brother. Turns out he and his wife were staying at the same hotel.

Last year  we went for our very first meal at Mosaik Bahce and who should walk in? The same guy and his wife!

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
When we first came to Turkey we went to Nickalos beach in  Olu, sat at  the table having lunch when I heard a familiar brummy accent. Looked over and a manager from one of distribution centres was sat in the bar. Id only met him once but spoken to him loads on the phone, probably would have walked past him if he hadn't have opened his mouth.

Went to Hisoranu and was looking in Bling when a guy stood next to me spoke to a woman next to him. I looked up and there was a teacher from the school I was working in and amazingly he was there with another teacher which also worked at the school. Busted!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf