Author Topic: Madeleine Mccann  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Madeleine Mccann
« on: March 19, 2014, 14:38:51 PM »
On the BBC News now - I am watching a scrolling credit that says something like:

"Police are looking to find a lone intruder who sexually abused 5 girls during break-ins of holiday homes in the Algarve between 2004 - 2010"

Would you not have thought that such an individual would have been identified / sought much sooner than now!

Just how big a balls up has this case been?

God only know how her parents must feel - talk about death by a thousand cuts - poor souls.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 18:04:46 PM by Ian »

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Madeleine Mccann
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 16:44:23 PM »
I was just watching the news article about Madeleine, and I cannot understand why the police were so sure that her parents were involved in her disappearance that they did not also consider the person who broke into apartments and abused youngsters.  Looks like a complete balls up by the police in Portugal.  I have absolutely no doubt that Madeline is dead, but for her parents and siblings it would have been so much better to have known what happened years ago.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 17:56:21 PM »
I fired up the laptop to ask pretty much the same thing Ian. It is absolutely beyond belief.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 18:56:48 PM »
I watched a documentary on this case, where all the top uk experts in crime all went to the apartment in portugal. They followed all the available evidence,and said they didnt think anyone else was involved. From what I can remember, there was something about the fathers missing tennis bag and also something about police dogs not been able to lie. The tracker dog barked to sugest the scent was in the boot of the car. Since then I have been unable to be 100% convinced of the Mcanns innocence. I still find myself looking out for her though, and thought I saw her at saklikent a couple of years ago. Regardless of mine or anyone elses opinions, there is still a missing little girl, who deserves to have her story told,and the truth to be uncovered. She can then be either laid to rest or God Willing, reunited with her family.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 21:34:57 PM »
I cannot believe that anyone could think her parents had anything to do with her disappearance, they have had enough to deal with without anyone doubting them, the only thing they were guilty of was that they left the apartment unlocked while they  had dinner within sight of the apartment.  How many of us are not guilty of leaving our children within yards of where we sat and ate.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 21:56:30 PM »
This has been debated on here at length before.
It is not as if they were only on the balcony whist the kids were in the apartment. If they were not involved and I don't know either way there must not be a day goes by where they dont regret their actions that night.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 22:09:38 PM »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 22:10:37 PM »
Yes, but in fairness that is not what Ian's topic is about.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 23:45:54 PM »
It stinks of a Jaws type cover up to me! Don't upset things because we totally rely on tourist income.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 23:51:20 PM »
I think the parents actions after Madeleine vanished sent the police down the wrong path.
The staff said they spent hours each day on the tennis courts with another couple while everyone was searching.
The barman said once the manager told the staff not to charge them for anything Maddies dad was going back to
the apartment with his arms full of bottles of wine. They had declined the complex childminding service ect.

So 2 + 2 = ??.

My thoughts are with Maddie and what she went through and may be going through.   Chilling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf