Author Topic: Madeleine Mccann  (Read 2918 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Madeleine Mccann
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 22:42:40 PM »
Well that's slightly off topic. We all know they made a huge error in judgement. That's gone and they have suffered for it and will continue to suffer.

I was referring to the police as you know ;-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 22:51:38 PM »
Trying (still) to keep on topic and not have another Madeleine's parents topic (feel free to start one) - I seriously wonder if her parents would have had quite as much accusation and so many people suggesting they were behind it (either deliberately or as a result of an accident)...

...had we all known about these break ins and sexual assaults of British children on holiday in the same area.

I suspect we'd generally have given them a far fairer and much more supportive opinion on the whole - and to me that is a huge tragedy in itself.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:02 AM »
Totally agree

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 13:15:04 PM »
Agreed Keith.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 13:51:55 PM »
Likewise, if they were not professional people,from a well to do area, would charges not been of been bought for child neglect and the other children taken from them... . Would they have got the same sympathy then?

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 14:24:21 PM »
We all know that what they did was wrong and they will suffer for that for the rest of their lives.

The point of this topic is that the initial police investigation was very badly handled by a police force who were not up to the job but wouldn't ask for help.

We are now seeing information that should have been followed up with some urgency at the time and even reported in the press as the parents may not have had so many people pointing in their direction if this had been known at the time.

As you said in your other post we all make judgements based on the information / facts at the time. Maybe some of their strongest critics may now have different views in light of this new information.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf