Author Topic: Aintree Ladies Day - Here We Go Again !  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Aintree Ladies Day - Here We Go Again !
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:07:30 AM »
I don't know why it surprises me, but yet again I open my daily papers only to see several that report on the ladies day at Aintree as some sort of Trollope Fest. One rag leads with "Drunk Punters Parade Pants" and " Girls Flaunt Flesh" the accompanying pictures feature two where the cameraman must have been lying on the floor only to capture a couple of shots where the wind has caught a girls skirt and exposed her underwear. These are presented in a way that suggests the girl has deliberately exposed herself, another features a young girl with her back to the photographer who again must be on the floor with a snap of her very sheer, see through knickers, it's almost an up skirt pervert shot, but again presented as though she's some sort of drunken tart. Then there's the pictures of the inevitable scuffle with a suggestion that a girl bystander was "wading in" with a kick and of course the piece wouldn't be complete without a couple of pictures of rather over weight ladies with plunging necklines.

During my working career, I've been lucky enough to host customers at just about every classic horse race, I worked for Mira Showers based in Cheltenham and I've lost count of how many festivals I've been to, I've been to Royal Ascot, The Oaks, The Ledger and in fact my very last day in work was spent with our customers, Keepmoat at the Ebor Festival in York, my point being, at each of these events, I've seen people who've had far too much to drink, dodgy fashions and the odd fight break out, yet I've never seen these classic events portrayed year after year in the same negative way that is done with Aintree. The fact is that more than 40,000 people attended yesterday, the police didn't make a single arrest and there were thousands of gorgeous women who were dressed impeccably, but I guess those facts don't fit with the scouse stereotype.

Rant over !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Aintree Ladies Day - Here We Go Again !
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:22:42 AM »
I saw the photos you put on Facebook and I thought they looked great! It never crossed my mind that they were tarty or cheap. Just ladies enjoying their day. As you know, some people don't like people who appear to be having a better time than them  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
Looks just like any other day in Scouseland Liverpool. I'm surprised that none of 'em were wearing their PJs though.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 14:46:15 PM »
Yes George, this is always the same with T.V. and Radio I always ignore the media.  I personally love to watch ladies day as the girls look so lovely.   Liverpool girls are always very attractive and the fashions at this event are great to see.

Offline 160606

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 15:43:47 PM »
George, why do the media always assume that these women are from Liverpool.  This morning Jim and I were in Victoria Street at the back of he municipal buildings, making our way into town.  It was raining and there were 5 beautifully dressed women standing with umbrellas waiting for a taxi.  When we arrived along side them I heard them speaking and realised they were not from Liverpool.  I asked if they were waiting for a taxi they all answered "yes" in a lovely geordie accent, so we directed them to the nearest taxi rank which was one street down.  If we hadn't spoken to these woman we would never have known that they were from out of town, so how the hell can the bloody media know where they are from.  Stereotyping at its finest again.  I despair of them ever getting over the "scoucer" label.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 16:11:55 PM »
Come on Jacqui. don't fall for this. you are far more intelligent  than that, you should have spotted by now, certain individuals are out just for personal jibes.  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 17:16:22 PM »
Sorry, Des...never noticed   ;) I was just answering George ;D   I am also very intelligent  ;D

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 17:29:15 PM »
The fact is you are most likely to bump into this girl pictured at Aintree yesterday rather than the types portrayed in some of the papers

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 17:37:31 PM »
I am also very intelligent  ;D

Keep this for when you've worn yours out Jaqui.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 17:41:41 PM »
You still can't beat a set-up shot !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf