Author Topic: An avoidable tragedy  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
An avoidable tragedy
« on: April 01, 2014, 22:43:05 PM »
A 12 year old girl went to school this morning and didn't return home.

Sadly an internal wall in a gym changing room fell on her and she died from her injuries.

A full enquiry will of course be required, but it seems fairly certain that the state of the wall was reported some time ago but nothing was done.

If this turns out to be the case then what do you consider is an appropriate punishment for those who are found to have been responsible for putting Keane's parents through an unbearable pain that no parent should have to endure.

PS I guarantee that you will not be able to get odds on the phrase "lessons will be learnt" being trotted out by those who are culpable but won't have the guts to admit it.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 23:03:09 PM by Highlander »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: An avoidable tragedy
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:03:56 AM »
what do you consider is an appropriate punishment for those who are found to have been responsible for putting Keane's parents through an unbearable pain that no parent should have to endure?

What would your sentence be H ?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: An avoidable tragedy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »
An awful tragedy.   When we send our children to school we expect them to be safe in that school.   It seems that the children had been telling the teachers that the wall was moving and unstable for a long time and the children had been ignored.  The school had been fined £8,000 in 2011 when a child fell down a lift shaft.
I see Alex Salmond is going to leave no stone unturned in an inquiry.  Unfortunately, all too late for this poor child and her grieving family

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf