Author Topic: Not their finest hour  (Read 3067 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Not their finest hour
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 12:54:35 PM »
After everything that Thomas Cook has done to inflict pain, suffering and financial hardship to these families

Sky news discovered that the electrician convicted of causing the children's deaths was still working at the

hotel yesterday. Thomas Cook has now said he was sacked today.   It beggars belief.    They should be jailed.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 09:17:09 AM »
Just when I thought this whole saga could not become any more obscene  >:( >:( >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3094458/Thomas-Cook-executive-set-receive-11million-bonus.html

Offline marina

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 10:35:52 AM »
Absolutely Highlander!  Just at a time when the family think they can start to move on with their lives what do they get - another stab in the back!   >:(

The 'tearful' meetings that took place last week and the apology, which was 9 years overdue, have only taken place since the revelation last week about the 3.5million payout TC received.  Also,  don't forget the 'free' 20Kg of luggage they were offering, oh yes, last week!!  So let's not kid ourselves that any of this was sincere, but merely a cynical marketing tactic to try to repair the damage done to its reputation. 

I can assure you that it has only strengthened my resolve never to use them in the future, other people must decide for themselves obviously but my mind is made up. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »
£11 million bonus?

It would be nice if he personally donated a million to the parents. I have no direct experience but I would imagine the loss in pleasure between receiving 11 million pounds and receiving 10 million pounds is fairly slight.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 11:48:25 AM »
It is Harriet Green who will be getting the bonus. She was CEO at the time of the tragedy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf