Author Topic: 9/11  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: 9/11
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 17:33:06 PM »
Unkind to KKOB... Never, ask he is never unknd to anyone himself. 
Who really cares. Everyone reading this will know what I mean   :(
Lets not lose what today means by nit picking about the name of a disaster site

Back on track.
We visited Ground Zero the year after it happened and it was very emotional.

Offline marina

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 18:05:49 PM »
Well I will agree with you there Jacqui, today should be about remembering the tragic events and the thousands of people who lost their lives. I can also remember where we were on that day, our first ever holiday in Turkey, in Bitez.
We'd just spent a lovely day on the beach and got back to the hotel just as the news reports were coming through on the tv in the pool bar,   :(

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
We were in Ovacik on that date and just about to buy a house there. I can remember my husband coming to tell me what had happened. The bars in the village were showing what had happened and it seemed quite unbelievable.
My sympathy to anyone who lost a loved one in this tragedy. My daughter and granddaughter were in New York last year and said that the memorial is extremely moving.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »
I had to go to Luton Airport that evening to pick up the Ma in law - she was apparently on the last plane still in the sky over the UK. I had to go to the Easyjet desks because the plane had been diverted and I needed to find out what would happen once they landed.

It was a little difficult though, they were far too busy trying to get the make up right and the correct angles for the filming of it all for that Airport programme.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 15:20:51 PM »

I was with a landlady who wanted me to carry out some work on a Chinese takeaway that she owned.
While we were talking one of my sons rang me and told me to get to a TV set. She got the Chinese manager
to put the shop set on and we just sat there watching it unfold. They were speaking about the people who
were jumping from the top, hitting the pavement. Absolutely awful.
My friend's son was in NY on business and saw the second plane hit. He was due to fly home that day but
was stranded for several days when all flights were grounded. 

Offline Lotty

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 16:07:28 PM »
The son of a woman from my office was over and working in the building, he had slipped out for something but his mother didn't know that, she couldn't find out anything and was distraught for many hours till he contacted. Nobody could get through.That must have been agony.

I was in USA on the 5th anniversary and there were fields of American flags for those who died. It was heart stopping.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf