Author Topic: Just a few pics  (Read 2630 times)

Offline IanK

Re: Just a few pics
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 13:19:17 PM »
Don,

are you sure that's Shanghai - looks more like Moscow to me?

I looked closely as I was in Shanghai 2 weeks ago and noticed the Russian writing on the building on the lower right of the picture?

I guess you are so well travelled these places are a blur   :)

Ian

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 15:20:18 PM »
Hi Ian,

Have just consulted the boss and she agrees with you it is Moscow. :-[ :-[ She does the photography and I just select the pics I want, it appears I had a senior moment again. :-[ :-[. The pic was taken last year when we did a Viking river cruise from St Petersburg to Moscow.

I thought it was Shanghai as we have some very good night pics of Shanghai. I can't get at them as the boss has not brought her laptop with her to Turkey, she only has her tablet..

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 18:08:26 PM »
How was the Viking River Cruise.  We got their book of cruises but Phil did not seem too keen on the smaller boat idea.  I quite liked it though.   Phil, seems to think they are expensive. 

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 18:33:07 PM »
WE enjoyed the cruise, it was our first with Viking and they are 5 star all round. They are expensive compared to most others but many we spoke to picked up late bookings at reduced prices. The pax are mainly north Americans, on our trip there were only 12 Brit's out of 200 pax. We won't be doing another unless it is something special the boss wants to do.

We particularly wanted to see St Petersburg and Moscow and  the river cruise seemed the most convenient way to do it for us.   

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 11:09:25 AM »
Thanks Don,  We went on a Baltic P.&.O Cruise in July and had two days in St.Petersburg.  I would definitely want to go back as I loved the place.
We will maybe look at a Viking Cruise next year and see if we can pick up anything last minute.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf