Author Topic: catalogue for Ebooks  (Read 4983 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
catalogue for Ebooks
« on: December 03, 2012, 00:02:42 AM »
It is probably here somewhere but where? 
I did download it a one point but can never find it again. Help?

Ignore me! found it!
http://www.calisvilla.co.uk/EbookLibrary.xls

Offline cheers

Re: catalogue for Ebooks
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:03:30 AM »
Has it been updated does anybody know?  I know we depend on people who own them having the time to send them over but I have put in quite a few requests and never received them.  I'm only a newby to Kindle so don't know eactly how it works

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 01:39:29 AM »
apparently it has been updated, but like you new to kindle. I have loads of books on there, Patrica Cornwell says 43 books but I think I doubled up somehow, Agatha Christie 85 books  Martina Cole 8 books and Sue Grafton 29 books.
Now I would happily send them to you if I knew how.

Offline cheers

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 02:55:59 AM »
Help somebody please.  I have quite a few I would share but as Loz I don't know how

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 10:07:23 AM »
SteveJ keeps it updated - you can drop him a line for a copy and to add more. For some reason it didn't work well with the new forum style - it was being reported as a dubious upload, which having scanned the liife out of it I can assure you it is not  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:21:44 PM »
I have thousands of ebooks, far too many to catalogue.  Some members have been good enough to send me more when i have asked. thanks all concerned.
 I copy them to my pc from my device ( kindle, nook kobo etc) and then attache to email and send. If the device cant read them then it is in the wrong format , downloading calibre ebook management from the internet allows you to change the format to whatever is suitable for your device.  http://calibre-ebook.com/download.  If anybody is looking for a particular book or series, mr grey is popular or the stieg Larson trilogy, please email me with your email address

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 22:53:37 PM »
Email sent Sue.
I purchased my Kindle about 5 weeks ago, I have set it up registered and Gordon (got to say this in a grumpy Bah Humbug voice) I will never use a Kindle, real books are better, he has not put it down since ???

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »
Hi All,

I did keep the ebook library updated for a while but to be honest the number of requests I received had dwindled down to zero so I assumed that it was perhaps a good idea that had run it's course and coupled with the problems that Keith has identified I decided that keeping it updated was a lot of effort for little value. The current catalogue stands at around 35,000 ebooks (from memory) so if you want any of mine just email and I'll send them to you attached to an email response. I assume that the other "owners" are still willing to provide a similar service. If I've misjudged the collective appetite for a catalogue then I'm quite prepared to put some effort into updating it again.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 14:36:33 PM »
Steve I have only just got my E-book reader and still think the catalogue is a great idea, however, I think the main problem lies with the Forum, I can work my way around a forum but found it nearly impossible to find the link for the catalogue, I pointed a few people to the forum for the list but they had difficulty finding it. 
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate email address posted on the book section for people to ask for ebook and named people only to moderate and send the links.  this maybe would take some resposiblity off your shoulders.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 20:56:56 PM »
I have only just bought a Nook.  Please can someone tell me, in very simple terms, how to download some books from the list onto my Nook.  (I'm pretty useless with it, and only just finding my way around it   :) ).  Books seem to be quite expensive to download from the in built library (more expensive than buying a "real book" from Amazon!  Thanks for any help!   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf