Author Topic: Breaking news on CNN  (Read 13012 times)

Offline Dutchie

Re: Breaking news on CNN
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2016, 02:25:04 AM »
RTE is claiming that the hotel he was staying in got bombed just after he left.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2016, 08:47:16 AM »
Report by BBC

Fethullah Gulen, the exiled Muslim cleric whom President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accused of plotting against him, has condemned the coup attempt and denied any role in it.

I condemn, in the strongest terms, the attempted military coup in Turkey," he said in an emailed statement reported by The New York Times "Government should be won through a process of free and fair elections, not force.

I pray to God for Turkey, for Turkish citizens and for all those currently in Turkey that this situation is resolved peacefully and quickly,” he added. “As someone who suffered under multiple military coups during the past five decades, it is especially insulting to be accused of having any link to such an attempt. I categorically deny such accusations.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2016, 09:47:16 AM »
Good, well-balanced comments from people who clearly have an informed understanding of the political situation in Turkey as well as a deep well of compassion for their fellow citizens. Oh, it's Express readers isn't it? Bit like Daily Mail readers except they use punctuation other than exclamation marks.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2016, 10:03:50 AM »
Over 140 people have lost their lives. Still they fight on in Ankara. Another sad day for Turkey.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2016, 15:34:56 PM »
Wonder how all the ships that are usually going along the Bospherous  were  stopped .Apparently there were not ships last night and it usually very busy.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2016, 18:00:55 PM »
Watching Turkish news now showing soldiers being stopped by civilians and many of the soldiers distressed saying they didn't know anything about coup. They were apparently told they were being sent for Military training and to help police. Some as young as 19/20 looking scared.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2016, 18:10:38 PM »
Wonder how all the ships that are usually going along the Bospherous  were  stopped .Apparently there were not ships last night and it usually very busy.

Dead easy. The Turks have a traffic control system in place on the Bosphuros, The Turkish Straits Vessel Traffic Service (TSVTS).

http://www.afcan.org/dossiers_techniques/tsvts_gb.html

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2016, 18:14:23 PM »
Watching Turkish news now showing soldiers being stopped by civilians and many of the soldiers distressed saying they didn't know anything about coup. They were apparently told they were being sent for Military training and to help police. Some as young as 19/20 looking scared.

I fully understand them being scared knowing the number of soldiers that got their throats sliced.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2016, 18:24:16 PM »
By who Dutchie?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf