Author Topic: One for the ladies (or maybe not)  (Read 4388 times)

Offline honeycombe

One for the ladies (or maybe not)
« on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:04 AM »
  ;)  Any opinions  on where to get a really good pedicure in Fethiye Centrum please.  Already been to Kangaru but their pedicure is only taking 30 mins and not enough to smarten up my hooves i'm afraid.
Aslo keen to find a place with a reasonable level of hygiene as the last one l went to in Calis went from me to another customer without any attempt to clean the equipment she had used on me,  scary.

Offline busybee

Re: One for the ladies (or maybe not)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 17:03:02 PM »
There are a lot of hairdresser in Fethiye that do great pedicures but I personally have never seen any of them with sterilizing equipment, but some wipe them with spirit.  I use Suner behind the Post Office and she does a brill pedicure, at least 45mins.  Its not an upmarket place but I am not fazed by the suroundings only the end result.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 17:17:04 PM »
Not an answer I know but along the same theme. Last year in early October I had a pedicure in Booty in Hisaronu. I'd heard that shellac nail polish is really good, though bit more expensive. I tried it and it's true, it is sooo hard wearing and never chips or looses its shine. The down side was that once back in UK I couldn't get it off! I like to leave polish off in winter to allow the nails to breathe, plus they're always covered up. It's now May and I still have a thin strip of colour across the tips of my big toe nails. It won't budge. I've bought every imaginable remover to no avail! The strip is still perfectly glossy, my daughter thought it was some fancy new nail fashion! Ive had to fill in the rest so they look ok. Guess what's my first job when we arrive?

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 19:28:06 PM »
That did make me laugh,  talk about long lasting,  possibly not good for someone like me who likes to chop and change colour

Offline tina b

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 23:00:42 PM »
pure acetone will remove the shellac polish , you  can either soak the nail , or soak a cotton wool pad wrap around the nail say with some tin foil to cover it, leave on for 10 mins, and then it should scrape off,  and then  buff the last remaining bits off .

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »
Tina is totally correct, buy a bottle of acetone from the Chemists and soak the shellac off.  This is also the way to soak off acrylic nails too.   

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »
right on trend with that look Lotty!! I have never tried the shellac, would you recommend it after your experience??

Offline Lotty

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
Definitely Angela, it just stays so glossy and no chipping. They were doing the roads the whole time we were there and you know how that constant dust makes nail polish scratched and dull, well the dust just washed off and all was back to shiny as new. I'm heading there first! I bought neat acetone but I probably wasn't patient enough to soak in it. I did think if sticking my big toes in an egg cup full though. Lol! For those who like a weekly 'foot do' I'd go for the regular polishes.

Offline angela

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
what does it cost in Fethiye/Calis and where would you advise to go

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 13:53:57 PM »
I'm not going to be much help here, I went to Booty in Hisaronu and just called on impulse. I have no idea what I paid, my husband actually settled up and I don't want to confuse you with a guess!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf