Author Topic: What Do Criminals Have to do to get Banged Up?  (Read 1436 times)

Offline grahamturner09

What Do Criminals Have to do to get Banged Up?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 23:24:07 PM »
its all this human right tosh it should be that when you commit more than a minor crime you sign away, that right

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 23:29:33 PM »
I travel all over the West midlands,meet new people almost daily,some of them second generation immigrants,and everybody is raising the same concerns.Fergies former maid,jailed for a minimum of 12 years,put in an open prison after 6,and promptly walked out,is being sought as the police are "worried about her welfare".What about ours?.She clubbed her boyfriend unconscious,then sat on him and repeatedly stabbed him for refusing to marry her.See this link for police priorities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1230680/What-kind-country-arrests-innocent-people-boost-DNA-database.html

Offline Steve A

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 19:28:56 PM »
Watching this one with interest as I like seeing peoples opinions and views.Little bit shocked to see somone totally taken by the well known anti police,anti govt Daily Mail slander tactics.It is the law which allows the taking of DNA,the police can only act within the law therefore the taking of samples is legal,simple really !I have been in the job 22yrs and have NEVER heard of or known of anyone arrested just to take DNA this would be illegal and certainly challenged,I HAVENT SEEN ANY EVIDENCE OF SUCH A CHALLENGE.
The article then waffles on about ID crds and the writers daughters medical records etc etc  - nothing to do with the police or the ARTICLE HEADING - somewhat sensationalist I say.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 21:42:42 PM »
Steve A.I was a little bit shocked when I was wrongly arrested,humiliated,put in a cell,released the next day from the cell,told I had been cleared of any wrongdoing, BUT,I now had to be photographed,fingerprinted,DNA tested,drugs tested,and give a taped interview.Since then I have fought to get my details removed from police records and the database,Three weeks ago I won,and they have now been removed.During this period I have found out a few things about "the system".The UK was ordered by the EU Courts to remove innocent peoples details from record as it is ILLEGAL to keep them.Following lobbying from the chief constables the Government has chosen to ignore the courts,so it is now acting unlawfully.It is also easier to arrest someone now than take them in for questioning.So more people are ending up on the database.How can any of this be allowed??

Offline Steve A

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 15:08:44 PM »
Kevin3 Iam sure you were shocked by the whole experience but it is nice to see that the due process of law was followed through, an investigation into the circumstances carried out and the facts prevailed hence your release.The law in this country allows the taking of photographs,DNA and in certain cases drug test from those arrested for a recordable offence hence my statement"It is the law which allows the taking of DNA,the police can only act within the law therefore the taking of samples is legal,simple really !"
The keeping of samples taken when a person has been released with No Further Action is something subject of massive debate at present ,it would appear to breach European law,was appealed and subsequently ignored by the Govt as at present the premier legal framework in this country is still British law not EU.This may change in the future in the meantime there are various complaint mechanisms from local complaints regarding procedure etc ,through IPPC enqs right up to judicial review for matters of legislation etc.Because of the free democratic society we live in we are allowed to follow these paths without hindrance or prejudice and again the "system" appears to work as you have had your samples removed,well done to you.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 17:00:30 PM »
Steve A.The "system" got me into my predicament.Determination,and some very helpful and concerned police officers got me out of it.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »
Glad to hear it Kevin3 good luck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf