Author Topic: Pet Hates (Again)  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« on: June 08, 2010, 21:57:41 PM »
I cannot stand watching tv when someone is sitting eating, and we have to listen to them chomping on their cornflakes or whatever, while someone else competes to deliver their line over it. Worse than that, when they take a huge spoonful then deliver one of their lines through it.

Another thing that really makes my skin crawl is people having a snog on tv. It always seems to be the same sort of repeating kiss, each one accompanied by an odd, unnatural clicking sound. Revolting.

Ban eating and kissing from tv PLEASE!

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 22:03:02 PM »
Ban tv,  it`s killed the art of Forum chat  :D

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 22:04:50 PM »
Yeah ban the kissing!!!!!!!!!! sound resembles a sink plunger

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 22:11:13 PM »
The thing about the eating is, it's generally only a short scene, I don't have to see someone eat to realise they are having their breakfast. Holding a spoon or a box of frosties would be more than enough for me to work out it is breakfast time. In the early days breakfast time was always portrayed by use of a toast rack and a big jug of fresh orange juice. I have seen neither in a house at breakfast time in decades. In fact, I've never seen a big jug of fresh orange juice in a domestic breakfast situation in my life. In any case, great actors can do a breakfast scene for 20 seconds without having to fill their gob.

Offline Bluwise

Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 22:24:07 PM »
I hate it when traffic bulletins invite drivers to call in with any problems "when it's safe and legal to do so"... Get Lost....stop patronising me!!![:(!][:(!]

Offline Bluwise

Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 22:29:12 PM »
and whilst I'm at it - road signs in a 4 mile traffic jam saying "slow down accident" - I know, I know

Weather people on TV saying "and if you must venture out in this snow, drive safely"
Are they professional drivers then and I must be an absolute plonk that I can't cope if they don't tell me how to drive??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 22:30:37 PM »
Yes, and another one..."a child, who cannot be named for legal reasons" - are those legal reasons actually that it is a child? Stop using that phrase, please.

And another (I'm on a roll now)

"He was sent off for two bookable offences" - no he wasn't, he was sent off for getting two yellow cards or being booked twice if you must. A murderer isn't sent to prison for two sentancable murders.

Grrrrr

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 22:35:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

In the early days breakfast time was always portrayed by use of a toast rack and a big jug of fresh orange juice. I have seen neither in a house at breakfast time in decades. In fact, I've never seen a big jug of fresh orange juice in a domestic breakfast situation in my life.

PMSL you have just described breakfast in my house last weekend:D

Offline Bluwise

Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 22:43:21 PM »
You buy one you get one free - I said, you buy one you get one free NOW!

I can hear everyone screaming already :D

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Pet Hates (Again)
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 05:48:20 AM »
So it is true then?.....I didn't steal nothing Miss....Are you sure you havn't got your skirt on upside down?....Seriously. And all the other inane clips that advertise BBC Entertainment that are shown on Digiturk dozens of times a day 24/7....Da de da de dum I am even singing the music now!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf