Author Topic: Message to BT  (Read 889 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Message to BT
« on: April 27, 2011, 17:33:19 PM »
Dear Sir or Madam

If you wish me to purchase one of your products, please have assign someone who can pronounce my name correctly to make the phone call.

Do not have one of my colonial cousins called Samir ring from Calcuta and ask to speak to a Mr Stefhan.

Thank you.

Offline Eric

Message to BT
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 19:38:36 PM »
When back in the UK I used to get fed up with sales people calling me Mr Robinson or Robertson or Roberts or Robins, its as if they had never heard of Robson, I even had to spell it for them![:(!]

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Message to BT
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 20:18:40 PM »
BT (let me just clear my throat)! I am having a humdinger of a time with them. When we return to UK I contacted BT to have a phoneline installed, as we had been out of the country for many years I was not aware of the competition available, so BT got our business.
After a year and contract had expired I swapped to O2 for the complete package.

BT allowed us to leave even sent a letter saying sorry to see us leave, after a month a bill arrived for October requesting one months rental, our contract clearly states September 2009, O2 contract started September 2010. Not a problem, or so I thought, Now 6 months down the line BT refused to answer emails, telephone calls, letters showing and telling them that the £17.56 was not due as we had left them.
Now every week I have telephone calls and letters from debt agencies saying that they are sending a field agent, I reply to them "PLEASE SEND THEM"! but still they refuse.
The latest is a letter threatening court action.
BRING IT ON! contract letter at the ready.  Many a time I have been ready to relent and pay the punitive amount, now it is a matter of principle.
My next course of action will be to let Gordon loose on them...lol
[:(!]

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Message to BT
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 20:32:03 PM »
There's a simple answer to this issue, use a communication supplier who makes a virtue of only using UK based customer services.  There's a number around these days.

Too many companies - mobile, fixed line and internet providers like BT and banks being the worst - are taking their customers for granted by off-shoring their customer services and sales teams in order to save money!

False economy in many cases as customers become frustrated, call more than once, calls take longer to resolve, often leading to escalations and complaints and then in the worst cases cancellation.  It's often made worse by the off shore company using the poorest - i.e cheapest - networks and staff equipment which makes it even worse to understand, for both the customer and the operative.

You do have a choice, and if you express it by voting with your feet by going to another supplier, but letting your previous company know the reason why, then these companies will soon get the message, and begin to on-shore, as a number of companies have already started to do. :)

Offline peter16

Message to BT
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 23:46:14 PM »
Nicely put usedbustickets.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Message to BT
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 00:23:44 AM »
could'nt agree more Usedbusticket,I think these people are making me millitant (spelling). ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Message to BT
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 01:07:55 AM »
Absolutely right - bringing jobs back home for the people that need them :D

Offline Piscoe

Message to BT
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
I rang o2 the other day and got through to someone from Bolton !!!! Whatever next? Bring back Samir from Calcutta I say: :)

Offline ronzeus

Message to BT
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 18:22:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Piscoe

I rang o2 the other day and got through to someone from Bolton !!!! Whatever next? Bring back Samir from Calcutta I say: :)

:oI am shocked nay stunned by your racist comment Piscoe .

Everyone knows Samir is in the Phillipiens.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf