Author Topic: WORNING! WORNING!  (Read 951 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
WORNING! WORNING!
« on: July 04, 2011, 19:00:11 PM »
WORNING! WORNING!

This was the subject line of an email sent to me the other day telling me my email account had exceeded its limits and I must re-enter my details after clicking on the link. Yes, one of those. I expect you get them all the time. I do wish that if people are trying to scam me and rely on my naivety to turn over my personal details to them they could at least TRY A LITTLE HARDER.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 19:40:00 PM »
I got one last week from "my" Bank telling me they had an important massage for me!!!

Offline grahamturner09

WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 20:00:01 PM »
I get them trying to get me to confirm my details for banks that I don't even have accounts for.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 20:23:26 PM »
so do I and I've lost count of the number of times the Revenue want to send me a rebate if I would just let them have my bank details! They all look very convincing!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 20:39:43 PM »
I keep winning lotteries that I have no tickets for: :)

Offline dycedon

WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:34:20 AM »
Got one supposedly from HM Revenue saying i was due a tax rebare, aye right

Offline corbindallas

WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
I got one from HM Revenue's it looked very official but the link did not work, so I  contacted the HM Revenue by phone and asked if I was due a refund, and I was due a very good refund!!! But they confirmed they never send a  email stating so, so the link was a scam that actually worked for me!:D

Offline scouser2

WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »
We keep getting e-mails from HSBC, Lloyds, Yorkshire bank, and Santander, telling us that our accounts need to re-activated due to some failed attempts to log into our accounts...Good luck to anyone that tries, because we have NEVER had any accounts with these banks.
And yes, we too keep winning the Canadian lottery.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 00:14:11 AM »
The worst ones (or most dangerous) are the ones that actually fit in with reality. I had an email once saying that my DHL delivery could not be made - on the very day I was expecting a delivery from DHL :-\ Luckily I don't open .zip files from people I don't know but was very close to automatically opening it as I didn't want to miss the promised delivery. I also find that Paypal scam emails often arrive soon after I've bought something using Paypal. So fairly poor attempts to scam you can improve in their effectiveness if they happen to enter your life at exactly the opportune moment.

Offline Mr Pickles

WORNING! WORNING!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »
You would think that the opportunist (morons) that have the ability to put together these scams, would also have the ability to get the spelling, grammar, and punctuation better [?] [:(!]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf