Author Topic: ID Fraud  (Read 713 times)

Offline Piscoe

ID Fraud
« on: August 02, 2011, 18:46:27 PM »
I have recently been a victim of ID fraud. There have been four counts so far. The first two are with T mobile. Two accounts in the name of Peter Tymon using my DOB and address. My name is Hodgson but that didn't stop TWO accounts being set up and the actual phones being sent to another address. The third case is with Orange where the account was set up with my details. The fourth is an on-line catalogue company again using my correct details.

I reported all these cases upon the first piece of correspondence being received to the companies concerned. T Mobile's fraud team have no idea how the same person can set up two identical accounts in the same name within 1 hour of each other. Nor can they account for the sanctioning (twice!) of an account of non-existent person not at this address.

Orange's fraud team dealt with it very professionally but still to this day have not cancelled the account.

Today I received a flyer from the on-line catalogue company asking if everything was ok as I hadn't ordered anything to start using the account!

Of course all this has been reported to the police who were, let me choose my words carefully here, far too busy to deal with my trivial matters and simply gave me a crime number. When I asked what they were going to do they said "it's up to the phone company etc. as they are the victim". I am still having to write over and over again to have the searches and accounts removed from my credit record[:(!]I am confident it will not cost me other than my time and continued vigilance but what an absolute pain!!

Clearly this type of thing is rife and these companies' control processes appear to be so easy to get around they may as well not bother. Even when informed their response is slow if at all. I thought whether or not it was a good idea to put this on here but hey the damage has been done. My (as is everyone's) information is in the public domain available for the next ID fraudster to have a go:-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf