Author Topic: Name that country in one...  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Name that country in one...
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:48 AM »
v. Following the hand over of keys to a different maintenance company -arrange to get the door locks changed. Genteleman arrives to remove the lock in the door without tools other than a massive (and I mean massive) hammer. He then proceeds to panel beat the front door -until we offered him our tool box.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 06:52:02 AM »
w Less about building and more about the decoration of your accommodation following its construction, you buy a lovely print and take it to the framers. He asks you to identify a frame from a selstion of bits on the wall. Selection made -he doesnt have enough to make a frame in the size you want but does have a frame made of the same wood so he will take the picture out of it and put mine in. Only problem my picture is bigger and so you've guessed it he "trimmed" my picture to fit the frame. You can sort of see it's Istanbul, but the word Istanbul is now missing as is the artists name -all part of the original picture.

Offline starman™

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:29 AM »
X. Stopping for smoke breaks every 10 mins and leaving the stubbs all over the place in the garden
Y. Bringing their children to "help" with the work
Z. Taking their shoes off before coming into the house and causing a whole stink in the entire home.

Offline Eric

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
a1)  Talking about stink....not showering for at least a month before coming to do work inside the house.  6 cans of air freshener later the air is almost breathable.

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 13:38:25 PM »
b1) Installing double glazed pvc doors and windows where the catches on the opening bit do not align with the plates on the frame.

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 13:45:35 PM »
Nichola, it is interesting to see that mine are not the only aircon units connected directly to the mains. When I bought the place, I went around finding out which units, sockets etc were associated with which circuit breakers so that I could isolate appliances if necessary. When away, I switch off all my breakers. If I am going out for the day, I make sure that the automatic settings on the aircon are such that they won't come on ( for example , in summer, I set the units to heat to 21 degrees; as the temperature never drops below that, they never come on automatically).

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 16:33:18 PM »
Maximumtom - thanks I will tell Dogan this...

We did, we had thought turned off all the electric apart from the one that ran to the fridge freezer when we left the house. However it would appear that this wasn't the only thing left to run.

I couldn't understand why I got Finansbank text notification about the electric bill of 131TL for the end of Jan and another for 97TL for the end of Feb.

I only sussed it when I noticed just after we had got back that the aircon in the bedroom was on and when I checked with Dogan if he had put it on he hadn't. So that explained the bills and saved us an embarrassing trip to Aydem to complain!!!

Offline retiredandlovingit

Re: Name that country in one...
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 10:28:48 AM »
and after saying all that (which I agree with wholeheartedly) isnt it a great place to live. See you saturday Nichola!!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 10:49:11 AM »
It certainly is and I wouldn't swop it for the world...

BTW the new XXL shades won't be here until after Bayram but look forward to seeing you all on Saturday - always a pleasure  :D

Offline starman

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 11:25:44 AM »
isnt it a great place to live.

suppose it beats living in Cleethorpes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf