Author Topic: New parking policies in Fethiye  (Read 959 times)

Offline shutterbug

New parking policies in Fethiye
« on: May 30, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »
I have given up on driving  into Fethiye. Unless I need to be there for an extended period of time. Before the new policy, you had 5-10 minutes of free parking before you got the paper on the car. Now, the minute you park, the ticket goes on. If you are only there for 5 minutes, and you do not owe any money, you still have to find the parking attendant which may take longer than you were parked in the first place, to confirm that you owe nothing.
They have extended this 'service' all the way out to the round about by the auto-gar. I rarely need to go to a shop on that part of the road, and now I will search high and low in Gunlekbasi (sp??) before I do. NOT helpful for business!
Even if I am going to park for an hour or two, I do not appreciate having to walk half way to the end of the street in either direction to find the attendant. It seems they have decided to save money by hiring too few of these guys. And often they don't even stay around to help with backing out into traffic, which was one of the greatest benefits of the old system.
Most of my trips are in and out affairs for a specfic purchase or banking, not for leisurely shopping or killing time. If I'm going to do that I use the car parks.
So, if there is any possibility of finding what I need out of downtown, I do so. [:(!]
Anyone else have this problem? Where do we complain? It should be more than one to be effective.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 08:25:42 AM »
Dogan says it is 15 minutes free parking b4 you pay if that helps.

There are certainly less attendants. I just shout "bakarmisin" very loudly; they seem to hear this where ever they are  ;)

A scooter could be the solution...

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
Bakarmisiniz is a very handy saying, it seems to work everywhere - shops, restaurants and parking attendants.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:01:20 AM by Marggie »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »
Parking in Fethiye has got progressively harder and more expensive every year that I can remember. It's far easier and cheaper to use the dolmus. Which was probably the whole plan from day 1 so well done Belediye  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Marggie

Bakarmisiniz is a very handy saying, it seems to work everywhere - shops, restaurants and parking attendants.

Turkish people use this phrase all the time to get the attention of someone in as you say Marggie in shops, restaurants, markets, and in this case parking assistants.

It is perfectly acceptable to use the less formal version bakarmisin (without the iz) and easier to say too.

Pronounced - bar car mu sun :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
From Bakar...Turkish for grilled :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 17:10:25 PM »
quote:
Pronounced - bar car mu sun

You can also use the shortened version "Oi"  ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 17:11:58 PM by KKOB »

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:37 PM »
it's still a hell of alot cheaper than uk, and I do like that fact that if you over stay ie bank on the go slow you only need to pay the top up where as uk they got you for £30 or more if clamped

Offline jackstee

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 19:14:41 PM »
I have also heard the locals call for.

Wait for it.

Parkmen

And it works.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf