Author Topic: The "Hollywood" names given to children will they stand the test of time?  (Read 6768 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Seems that today a lot of children are given names by their parents that are "unusual" to say the least.
Where we live, is an area from the Hollywood type names the latest I have heard of including Halo and Angel, (they are cousins) J.J. Maylia, Dior, Rio, Lulu,Yallissa, was surprised to see Esme as I know it's an old name, but am told it's after a character in the Twilight Films.  To carry on the latest two I just hear of are brother and sister.  He is Pirelli she is Mahiki Bow.
I wonder will some of these children be tempted to change there names when they get older or will these name become the norm??
Can anyone top these names?

Offline scorcher

Cecily Pitt ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
There's a big trend, especially in East London, to make one name out of parts of two others.

Susan + Jennifer = Sufer
Tulisa + Rhianan = Tunan
Olivia + Beatrix = Olivtrix

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
It was all Kylies and Jasons when I became a grown up.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
I think Pirelli and Mahiki Bow may have a hard time when they grown up... Perhaps Pirelli will get a job in Kwik Fit.  but no hope for Mahiki Bow.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
My Mum had a waitress working for her who left to have a baby... She came round to see us with her new son called "Roman"  I said "oh that's an unusual name" turns out that she had named him after "Roman Keating"   we didn't have the heart to tell her...

Offline swindsor

Each to their own I suppose, but our kids have said that if we had given them "silly made-up names" then they would have changed them as soon as they could.    There's a little lad local to us who is called J-Z and that is how they spell it but they pronounce it Jay-Zee.  Also, there's a little girl called Beyonce(!) but in a strong Barnsley accent it just sounds ridiculous - more Beyoncy than Beyonce!!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
I told expectant Hilary that if it was a boy I wanted to call him Caradog Cadwaladr. She said she was only going to have girls. And so she did.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
There's a little lad local to us who is called J-Z and that is how they spell it but they pronounce it Jay-Zee. 

Jay-zed surely  :)

Offline Eric

No word of a lie, but during my life I have known a; Theresa Green (Trees are Green), Richard Bird (Dicky Bird) and Anthony Pratt (A Pratt).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf