Author Topic: The case for the defence  (Read 7303 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: The case for the defence
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2013, 22:52:16 PM »
Rabid animals are normally put down to stop them infecting others. Bring in a vet. !!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 23:00:59 PM »
At the risk of straying into another popular area of debate Kevin, these idiots expected to die in the close aftermath of what they did. In fact, they were probably counting on that. Why kill them? That's what they wanted.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2013, 23:09:44 PM »
So be it, for me - I am happy to grant them a wish that they may or may not want.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2013, 23:19:02 PM »
If our politicians havn't got the balls to re-instate the death penalty for certain murder offences
they should have the balls to introduce "full life" sentences for those crimes OR put it to a referendum.
Some group of do-gooders or other will fight for these b##stards rights in the future and they will be
let out amongst us.Public opinion counts for nothing.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 23:23:15 PM »
I've said before, make it life or stop calling it life!!!

Full life sentences are the best option we have. Without the tellys in the cells and roast beef with all the trimmings on a Sunday.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 23:35:27 PM »
Someone I know is a freelance physiotherapist and does some work for the prison
service in my area.The prisoners have to cross an open courtyard to get to the room
to receive their FREE treatment.If it's cold or wet they can't be arsed to turn up for
their appointment's so the physio has wasted their time and the prison service
still has to pay. And it's called punishment.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »
As an ex-soldier myself I hated to see what happened to Lee Rigby and want to see these two punished, I also like many here deplore the poor sentences and easy treatment of the perpetrators of violent crime in our Country.

However wrong the law maybe it is the law and has to stand until it is democratically changed, under the law if I plead not guilty then I am entitled to a defense, and lawyers are entitled to be paid.

I hope the b*****ds who killed poor Lee burn in hell but unfortunately the fact that the law designed for fair treatment of all is being cleverly abused here is to taunt us further so we should just not react. I would love for all the media to agree to not mention anything about the trial, just the final verdict -- they want the publicity -- deny it to them. Be under no illusion that the misguided leaders of these Terrorist groups are extremely clever  manipulators and planners, and in some cases very well educated, their tentacles are everywhere and you can be sure every action of these two is under instruction.

Also why not hold the Trial in the remotest court we have that can hand down the full sentences the Law allows?
Heavily Guarded and away from eyes of the World, but within the Law, the public allowed to observe, well the few people prepared to travel there!

Section 78 of the Supreme Court Act 1981 provides that the Crown Court can conduct business at any location in England and Wales, in accordance with directions given by the Lord Chancellor.[5] This power is sometimes used to enable court sittings to take place away from one of the regular Crown Court venues

Lawyer of Repute
(Barrack Room)  :)

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 13:25:15 PM »
Bravo JT49 ! I could not have put it better myself. My sentiments exactly.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 13:56:30 PM »
I wonder if people so keen here to advocate reduction in the availability and access to justice, including a competent defence lawyer, for the heinous crime of cold blooded murder in this case, would have advocated this in all cases of murder? Like, for example, the recent case of the Royal Marines accused of cold blooded murder, and indeed where one defendant was found guilty.  Not for a moment I would have thought.

And it is that application of a fair and balanced justice system that separates the UK from many other countries in the world. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 14:01:24 PM »
I think people's opinion on this is due only to the fact that they were seen committing the murder, were filmed committing the murder and discussed why they had carried out the murder. They need a little more than access to a competent defence lawyer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf