Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 2144 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Holidays
« on: November 21, 2015, 17:18:42 PM »
Decided on another part of Turkey for my holiday next year..after traipsing through loads of sites found a date and hotel that I liked. The site offered you a chance to save and come back to book , now the sodding thing has gone up another 100 quid, another site said flight no longer available..not impressed.  I have removed all the cashe and cookies. Is there a chance this will go down in price again in the near future..or should I just bite the bullet ?
Bernie x : :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 17:26:05 PM »
Probably.  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 17:29:17 PM »
Depends who the site is - sometimes they show accommodation and flights as sold out but they mean the rooms they had available in that hotel are all gone. If you look on other websites you could well find availability. Check www.skyscanner.net to see if the flight is available direct with the airline, or similar times with another airline.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 17:37:28 PM »
Sunshine holidays, love holidays, I, m always worried booking with travel republic, after daughter was moved to another hotel, and had to pay extra to get a closer one to us...It, s too late in the season to expext someone to be there book direct with hotel..will try some other sites. Thanks all.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 18:16:35 PM »
Booking sites have been playing me up this week. I'm looking at a simple 3* hotel in Estoril, Portugal in September. For 14 nights I had this quote: Booking dot com = £14,139. Another site offered it at a "snip" = £3,900. Another site = £999. Went to hotel's own site but all in Portuguese and I didn't feel confident about that. Finally found it on Trivago at £616 (a few quid less than the hotel's own Euro price). Hope it is still available at that price when Easyjet release the September 2016 flights in early December.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 18:29:58 PM »
Think I might have the answer to my dilemma. T Cook site is down, so only Thomson flight at a higher price available. Love holidays will phone me tommorow afternoon to let me know if they are back online. Love holidays seems to have competitive prices ,good feedback and I, m impressed with their customer service so far.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 18:31:12 PM »
By the way, BT, could I ask which "other part of Turkey" you have chosen?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 18:32:31 PM »
Bitez, Colwyn   :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 19:16:24 PM »
Hope you get a good deal and enjoy going there. A lot of CBFers seem to give it a go.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 19:23:23 PM »
Err might be having a change of heart..seems there are alot of Syria refugees on the beaches there. I would end up giving away everything I had :-/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf