Author Topic: Has she made a mistake,,,,,again ?  (Read 3978 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Has she made a mistake,,,,,again ?
« on: April 15, 2016, 15:22:00 PM »
The German chancellor has authorised the prosecution of comedian Jan Böhmermann for reading out an offensive poem about the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/apr/15/angela-merkel-agrees-prosecution-comedian-erdogan-poem

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Has she made a mistake,,,,,again ?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 16:47:55 PM »

Her and her actions sum up why we need to get out of the EU  fast.       She is as democratic as Erdogan.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 17:08:35 PM »
I had read that there was law in Germany about insulting foreign dignitories but hadn't realized that it required government intervention to act upon it. It shows how keen Europe is to cozy up to Erdogan and how reluctant it is to fulfill its responsibilities towards asylum seekers - the UK being one of the worst offenders. Is it a mistake? It sure as hell is wrong!

Offline apollo

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 17:35:16 PM »
I had read that there was law in Germany about insulting foreign dignitories but hadn't realized that it required government intervention to act upon it. It shows how keen Europe is to cozy up to Erdogan and how reluctant it is to fulfill its responsibilities towards asylum seekers - the UK being one of the worst offenders. Is it a mistake? It sure as hell is wrong!
Apparently it is an old but rarely used law. And She is visiting Erdoğan next week. She has obviously missed the recent EU reports re the press etc.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:39:30 AM »
When I heard this last night I could not believe my ears, in fact steam was soon pouring out of them.  Shame on her for abandoning free speech - using an 1870 act designed to protect the Kaiser and other imperial European royal heads of state - to curry favour with the despot Ergogan.  And she is only doing that to get herself - and more importantly the rest of Europe - out of the mess she created with her 'throwing open the doors'of Europe to what has basically become anyone who wants to try to get into Europe. 

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 22:23:14 PM »

It became a bit clearer today, to coincide with her visit to meet Turkey's Sultan.  Germany is to spend  65 million Euro's

on their own permanent structure at Turkey's Incirlink Airbase. So her own German citizen had his human rights trashed.   >:(

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 10:33:20 AM »
What do the germans want their own permanent base there for?  Are they going to fly out migrants direct to germany, avoiding nasty places like austria, greece etc. Or is this what Churchill always feared, a german military toe hold in the middle east.

My old man would be going mad about this, he had enough problems with the last lot and the Afrika Korp in North Africa and German inspired uprisings across the middle east in Iraq and Iran.

Still no need for him to worry too much tthese days zee Germans would be alongside the UK and USA in causing any such military problems in the middle east.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 15:12:40 PM »
Do try to remember UBT that the historic enemies of the English are not the Germans but the French - and the Scottish, of course, and the Welsh, and ...........

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 19:29:25 PM »
....... and almost everybody else around the world.

(Not Sweden (too many mosquitoes) or most of Africa - don't think we've battled Monaco, Vatican City or Liechtenstein either.

Yet.

For a little country we've been pretty feisty in our time.

We've invaded many places.

Cornwall next......we'll start by purchasing second homes then spread out.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 04:26:25 AM »
Emmet !  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf