Author Topic: SGK Meeting with the British Consulate  (Read 14915 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: SGK Meeting with the British Consulate
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »
USB - if you scroll through this link you will see a topic on the consulate website where they are actually asking for feedback to take to their next meeting:

https://m.facebook.com/ukinturkey

As regards the "plot" - I have repeated this on Facebook and concluded there could well be an incentive as well !

Not sure but I suspect it is a "local" issue and could be just misinterpretation of instructions from Ankara / sheer bloody mindedness / dislike of foreigners or just plain ignorance! Either way it doesn't help!

I still believe things we hear from the Ortaca office are more in keeping with the correct implementation and they appear to be saying it is not about being booted out when "retired" it is about paying individually as the dependent when receiving a state pension can afford to pay themselves.

We will look for to the next update from UK in Turkey with anticipation    ;)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »
After reading your post Mr Tickets, I have a couple of questions. As you are not on state pension were you going to be allowed as a dependent on your wifes' SGK, (as was the original deal) or did they say you had to join and pay separately?

Is the young man at the SGK office who speaks English no longer available, as I see you took a translater with you? and lastly which translater did you use please.

The more stories I read the more attractive opting out altogether is looking.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 18:45:30 PM »
The idea was based on only one having to 'take' the medical, Mrs T, we would then make the application in her name and I would be the 'dependant'.  Not a problem we thought as others have done exactly that in the last few months.  She told us they needed to know that I did not have any pre exisiting problems, this was something new.  If it had been known beofre things could well have been different in what we done. 

If there was an English speaker he was either:

a) not in
b) his services were not being offered - although unlikely perhaps that he would given we had a transalator friend
c) he was dodging the bullet and keeping out of things, as I said it was not as though they were busy we were the only ones in!  The whole building looked like it was staffed by Park keepers!!

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 17:15:05 PM »
Thanks Mr Tickets. There was a guy upstairs who spoke very good English the last time we went, we've just been informed today that his office is now occupied by a lady, who also speaks English.

From what you are saying it looks like only pensioners are being asked to register separately, though on the other hand, they are also saying that pensioners (those in receipt of state pension) are not eligible to join SGK anyway - confused ? You will be LOL.

Still gonna wait and see what the Consulate meetings throw up I think.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2014, 18:58:17 PM »
Consulate meeting postponed while the SGK get their ducks in a row ...

Link to Consulate FB page  https://www.facebook.com/ukinturkey?fref=ts

Offline Big Dave

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 19:13:32 PM »
After a bit of searching around I have found the email address of Jeremy Hunt, the UK Minister of Health. For those of you that are now in limbo regarding SGK, please send him an email outlining your concerns and requesting him to fast track a reciprocal agreement.

huntj@parliament.uk

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »
Has a new date now been arranged for the SGK/Consulate meeting?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2014, 12:10:55 PM »
Has a new date now been arranged for the SGK/Consulate meeting?
Yes they are working on a new date to agree when they will let us have a definite date that they are going to meet, so that they can take back the issues already raised and any possible new ones... Phew have I missed anything?

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2014, 18:16:24 PM »
After a bit of searching around I have found the email address of Jeremy Hunt, the UK Minister of Health. For those of you that are now in limbo regarding SGK, please send him an email outlining your concerns and requesting him to fast track a reciprocal agreement.

huntj@parliament.uk

Autoreply - He only answers constituency matters - all other enquiries to DOH contact us page  >:(

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2014, 15:04:35 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf