Author Topic: passport for car  (Read 1515 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
passport for car
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
I Know this might be in wrong section and i have done a search but found nothing .
A Friend of mine drove over here a few weeks ago how does he get round his car, can he just go over to Greece on day trip to renew his visa or does car have to go out as well or does he have to have it put in a compound help please. ;)

Offline coeym

passport for car
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:36:58 AM »
Hi,as far as i understand it he will have to leave his car in a customs compound whilst he he leaves the country to get his visa renewed,things could have changed though.This is Turkey!!!

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
passport for car
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:49:58 AM »
i think your right coeym. the car will be marked

i think your right coeym, the car will probably be stamped in his passport and he wont be allowed exit without it unless he has the paperwork from a customs compound, dalaman compound for example.

Offline terrie

passport for car
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 17:09:32 PM »
Hi Lance,we have our uk motorhome here at the moment,and my wife needed to renew her own visa today...i spoke to 'sello'(who runs the kas-mais boat)anyway he sorted it out for us....we drove the vehicle to kas ,parked up,took paper work,passport etc to sello,and he took us to the customs house,checked all paperwork,left keys with them,and picked up keys on return ....so you dont have to drive the vehicle to the dalaman pound,which when i checked was 7 lira a day.simon.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
passport for car
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:11:32 AM »
just checking...was the van recorded in your wifes passport?

Offline terrie

passport for car
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »
hi stuart,yes the vehicle is in my wifes name only,and recorded on her passport,she is on tourist visa.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf