Author Topic: Ex-Pat advice re coping with the weather  (Read 4580 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Ex-Pat advice re coping with the weather
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 22:48:01 PM »
when we move to turkey i will return to england july /august

Offline Julesp

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 23:37:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

when we move to turkey i will return to england july /august

Many do escape the summer heat by returning to the UK etc, But I personally live here now and dont have the option of returning, Ive too many responsibilities here, to be fair I prefer here anyway, heat or no heat and regard Turkey as home. Returning to the UK for 2 months would be like someone from UK being able to afford and find time for a 2 month holiday here. Thats one downside of living here, I dont have my annual holiday to Turkey to look forward to :D

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:39 AM »
I think some people cope better with the heat than others. When I was living out in Turkey July and August were far too hot for me and I was glad to go back to England to escape it. Some people love the heat though.Our house had verandas around it and I would spend time under them a lot as it was too hot to do much housework or walk around outside. There is only so much time you can jump in a pool. I think the best idea is to have naps during the day,read or watch telly or something like a handicraft and go out at night,there is plenty to do at night. The winters were not that cold compared to England but when it rains it comes down in a deluge, I quite enjoyed that and it was good to sit in a cafe watching the roads being washed away!They change shape every year in Ovacik:D.Spring and Autumn are very pleasant.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 07:46:42 AM by Daffodil »

Offline Jenny Daly

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 14:14:53 PM »
Thanks for all your replies - I will go along with all that you say, it was along the lines I was thinking anyway.  Feeling much better now about it - Thanks

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 19:19:02 PM »
I'm fair skinned, i don't wear sun lotion or a hat, i go back to England in winter, i don't like missing the Turkish summer, that was one of the reasons i moved here, i go out during the day if i have to (shopping, etc) i go out when i want to(stroll on the front or to a bar) when you are on holiday, you feel you have to be out all the time, if i did that i would burn to a crisp, when i lived in England, i went out to work, when i got home i liked to relax, i also shopped and went for the the occasional walk or to the pub, just like here really but without the work bit,  now when i go back, i'm out more than i'm in, THEN, i'm on holiday, just don't treat living in Turkey like a holiday, for one thing it will be too expensive, you notice that when family come over to visit, and you go through your months spends in 14 days, and don't do what i did, i had an extended holiday when i first moved over, my liver packed up, just take it easy and watch what you are doing, you'll be fine, enjoy your time in Turkey, i am. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf