Author Topic: Help please  (Read 4084 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Help please
« on: June 16, 2019, 17:42:10 PM »
Hi all. I'm looking to fly to Sydney Australia in December. Any got any good websites to look for flights please.
TIA. Mary

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 17:55:45 PM »
Good starting point is www.skyscanner.net Mary 

Offline mary62

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 17:58:24 PM »
Thank You, Scunner.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:18:06 AM »
And Mary once you start your search remember to delete your browsing history...quite a few years back the bank of mummy & daddy had to pay for our son flight home from Aus after much searching I found one which was not a bad price compared to some, went away returned to book it only to find about an £80 increase, I then checked from a diff computer at work and back to the original price I had seen it for...

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 08:36:41 AM »
We generally go to Sydney once a year as one of our sons lives there, we always use Skyscanner as a first port of call, then after further searches using other sites, we end up using Skyscanner! Why? Because their process for booking (as well as price) I find very easy to use.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 09:46:21 AM »
It is worth noting that booking through comparison sites doesn't give you the same reassurance as booking directly with the airline; plenty of gripes in newspaper customer service stories. I have used comparison sites and then armed with the best price booked directly with the airline. Opodo, Skyscanner (now Chinese owned and not the best prices when we booked to Asia) Kayak are easy to use and my latest favourite Momondo, Google flights, Expedia are others. Enjoy your trip.

Offline mary62

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
Thank you all for your help and advice. Looking forward to Christmas and New year with my daughter.
Mary.

Online marina

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:43 AM »
And what a fabulous place to spend it mary. I absolutely love Sydney but have never been at New Year. It always looks amazingl  It'd still on the bucket list!
Couldn't really help with the flight search as, when we've gone out to NZ to see our daughter and family, we've done stopovers and booked it as a package through a travel agent so they've done the leg work for us.
Hope you find some good flights, and have a wonderful time x

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 15:18:10 PM »
I also agree with the post by ‘thebillet’. I didn’t make it clear, but having used Skyscanner to source my flights, I would often then use the airlines own website to book.

Offline mary62

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 12:11:04 PM »
All sorted. Thanks to all for your advice. 10th Dec - 7th Jan £803. 2 stops each way, 25 hours each way. I can't complain about that. Meals and drink all included in the price.
Mary.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf