Author Topic: Interested in a weekly play group?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline ella

Interested in a weekly play group?
« on: November 26, 2009, 16:37:05 PM »
I am thinking about creating a weekly play group for kids aged between 3 and 6. We recently moved back to Turkey after a while at home and my boys don't know many other kids :(
Am thinking Saturday afternoons but open to suggestions. Perhaps at a park if the sun is out and for rainy days we can take turns in having it in our homes. Let me know if anyone else wants to distract the kids for a couple of hours each week!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 16:39:57 PM »
I'd read the misery, cost and jealousy that forced the last British run nursery to fail before you even start considering such an idea.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 17:18:09 PM »
ella.Just keep it informal,between mums.Avoid turning it into a business.  :)

Offline ella

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 19:26:45 PM »
Oh god definitely NOT a business!!! I was suggesting a casual get together once a week in the park for any mums who are interested. Thanks for the input though  :)

Offline pixie

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
I am shocked at the negative comments Ella has received in response to her post.  It was patently clear  that she was simply looking for some new friends for her children for a couple of hours each week on a Saturday afternoon as she is new back to the area which she has explained in a previous post.

However if she was (which she has contravened and received no reply) thinking of turning it into a business, that is her own prerogative.  Sometimes it can work for people here. For example Ella speaks fluent Turkish, is a Turkish citizen, has been married to a Turkish man for 5 years and in my humble opinion would undoubtedly make a very successful enterprise here.  

Just because some people have truly terrible experiences it doesn't mean that we should all give up or never even think about starting.  I have a number of non-Turkish friends here who run successful businesses.  

I know about the terrible story you are referring to and it was horrific but please let's spread a little positivity to newcomers and on top of that let's not let the Aussies (Ella being one) fuel the fire for our reputation of being "whinging poms"!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf