Author Topic: Disappointing Boat trip with Jerry's Boats  (Read 10997 times)

Offline charlste

Re: Disappointing Boat trip with Jerry's Boats
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 21:15:11 PM »
I have known Jerry from when he worked on the cooperative fethiye to calis water taxi.He often sits down with us for a chat.He is a very nice fella and i am sure his intentions are honourable.When things go wrong business people have to hold their hands up and say sorry and rectify the situation.I think in this instance he should have offered you a free trip on another day.You were all looking forward to the day and all you wanted was a great day out.As Keith has always pointed out this forum has many members and people will read this and take note.What ever happened to the saying "the customer is always right"

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 22:51:47 PM »
We did  a boat trip with Gerry's son-in-law  in August and the same thing happened, Kenny had a look and said there was a leak on the fuel pump, the smell of diesel was very strong so most of us jumped in the water for a swim, another boat came out with the necessary part and it was fixed, to be fair, it did not affect our fun, i'm not making any excuses for him, but maybe this has been happening frequently this season, and the boat is costing him alot of money, and it has got on top of him, but no excuse for the rant, pity it was'nt our lot, we would have just paid up, lol.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 22:58:39 PM »
We have enjoyed many excellent boat trips with Jerry over the years, but have to say that we have had a couple of disappointments latterly including a one bay stop when the boat broke down.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 22:40:21 PM »
Make off this what you will because I have deliberated long and hard before posting it and I know Jerry will read it.

Anyone, including him goodself, can do a search on here and see how often I have recommended a boat trip with Jerry. None of these posts elicited a response or acknowledgement (not that one was expected).

My last post however, which started by again reiterating that we have had many excellent trips with Jerry, but went on to express two recent disappointments, resulted in me being summarily de-friended on facebook. I confess to being more than a little upset by that and more disappointed by it than the trip itself which might have been a one-off. I have emailed Jerry about it but no response as yet. I still hope he does reply.

Whether or not Brenda and I will be welcome on Jerry’s boat in the future remains to be seen. I certainly hope we are. But if not, it won't be the worse thing that has happened to us this year.

All that having been said, and given our experiences over the years, not just on latterly, I would still recommend trying a boat trip with Jerry, especially if you enjoy fishing.

With best wishes to Jerry and his family.

Offline Just Marian

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
I happened to be one of the passengers on the "Disappointing Boat Trip"

Like the original poster, John, who we met on the boat, we also had two guests with us that day and had bummed up this boat trip to be the best thing since sliced bread to them.

The boat was unable to sail, which meant we didn't see much of the beautiful coast and drift into coves and bays for a swim.
We made it to Rabbit Island and that was about the full extent of the trip. The rest of the time we sat for hours anchored in the middle of the sea, just bobbing up and down miles from no where. The crew were thrusting fishing rods in our hands to try and keep us occupied.
The boats captain (Jerry's son-in-law) disappeared for a very long snooze below deck.

Looks like friends were obviously called in an attempt to fix the engine. The men drew up along side the boat and messed around for a bit, but it only got the engine going for what seemed like another 20 mins or so until it "died" again!

At the end of the day, Jerry came along with his other boat, with his happy passengers on board, (who obviously had a wonderful time on the other sea worthy boat) and towed us into the harbour.

All  fellow passengers on board agreed it was not good value for money that day.

We were very calm, civil and talked with him about the poor service and we offered to pay half for the food.

Jerry admitted that he has had some trouble with the engine recently on that particular boat. He said to us that he didn't think it would have been as bad that day!! Also he said, I put you eleven people on this boat because I did not want to crowd the other boat and you were older (average age 40 & 50!) and I thought you would like a quieter and more gentler paced trip!

Well in my opinion, the boat was not fit for purpose, but looks like he was determined to keep it going until the end of season.
Sounds like it was, "Fingers Crossed" the boat will go okay today, or was it, "Fingers Crossed" the passengers don't complain today.
Maybe both!

Well sadly for him that day, he got passengers that were not the "Shut Up & Pay Up" type!

His reaction to our complaints at the end was quite ridiculous. He was unable to handle any form of criticism whatsoever. 

It was a great pity, as my last experience on Jerry's  boat was fabulous.

But as others have pointed out - there are now other boats offering the same excellent service and food that Jerry became known for - many a good bit cheaper too.

Offline Shamless2

Disappointing Boat trip with Jerry's Boats
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
I haven't been on a Jerry's boat trip for 4 years, he left us waiting to be picked up for almost 2 hours before we gave up and went home, because he apparently had gone to the wrong place to pick us up, the next week we tried again and the boat was over crowded and I had to sit at the back of the boat on the rolled up rope, he moored up for the best part of the day for people to fish. He didn't like it at the end of the day when we complained. A friend booked us on to another trip with him that we had to cancel the night before because of illness, since then he as really been quite nasty about us to people saying we always let him down, and of course he as ignored us since then. If I mentioned this to people over the last 4 years they think I'm barmy because they think he is lovely!!!! Oh well we not on our own now!

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
where does the alis boat leave from please

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2012, 15:43:09 PM »
From the boat taxi's.
Carole posted his number earlier  - alis no +905065570718

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2012, 16:48:04 PM »
I can say without any doubt that I have never been disappointed with a Jerry Boat trip. I hope he refinds his form.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf