Author Topic: Hotel/pool facilities for non-guests  (Read 2834 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: Hotel/pool facilities for non-guests
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
Which large hotels do you recommend?  I can't imagine we'll do that ourselves but my sister and her (small) family might like to do that.  I'd love to be able to recommend a hotel that had enough space that they wouldn't offend anyone.  Especially if it's the sort of place that might have other kids there.   ;D

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »
When we enquired at the Melek Apartotel (next door to Aydin Pide) iwe were told that guests were welcome to use the outdoor facilities if they bought a drink or lunch and they have one of those curly slide thingamebobs. I assume that nipping next door and getting your lunch from Jimmy would be frowned upon.    ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 13:10:49 PM »
A hotel owner told me that a family came in and asked if they could use the pool and were told it was no problem, they would be very welcome. They bought a few drinks and snacks. They weren't made anything like as welcome the next day, when they arrived again and made themselves comfortable around the pool - complete with cool box full of beers and sandwiches.

Offline Stargazer

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
We also have a place in Fethiye and no pool, and have spent odd days at the Sundial. We have also spent regular days at Kaya Koy at the Istanbul Restaurant and enjoyed mixing with the other tourists. However last year we visited and a couple of times were greeted with a dirty pool. In July you need a pool and there is nothing worse than laying by a dirty poolside. We were also told that there was nothing wrong with the pool and it was still ok to use. Not a good idea unless you want an ear infection. So homeward bound we decided to go and find the Dephne Pension at Koca Calis which we had heard about. What a beautiful place.It is in a quiet location along side a lily covered stream. A lovely big clean pool and family run restaurant. The menu is not huge but the food is excellent. Needless to say that is where we took our friends and family last August and September. The downside is you need transport to get there.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Hotel/pool facilities for non-guests
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 16:10:35 PM »
Muzzys place in Kaya is lovely for a day by the pool, never crowded, it's peaceful and relaxing and great views.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf