Author Topic: Shaka Restaurant  (Read 5331 times)

Offline Marggie

Shaka Restaurant
« on: February 12, 2013, 16:26:00 PM »
We have just spent a very pleasant couple of hours on the Kordon, Shaka, with our friends.  Had a few drinks and  some food, all very enjoyable.  They advertise house wine at 6 tl a glass until 6 pm but when our bill came they had charged 7 tl a glass.  OK this was an overcharge of 8 tl (not mega money) but why do they do it?  Do they think we are all p artists and won't notice. I am the first to realise that business is difficult in the winter but overcharging will not bring in the customer.  This was an official till receipt so cannot benefit the barman!  So where has  the instruction come from? 

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Shaka Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 16:46:46 PM »
Did you question it?   The usual answer is that alcohol has gone up but we didnt change the menu yet. Totally dishonest.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 18:04:07 PM »
Yes, we did question it and they amended the bill.  8 tl is not a lot of money but there are so many places we can choose to spend our money in.  I just don't understand why they bite the hand that feeds them!  Furthermore, I just love Turkey but every day I listen to expats moaning on and on about what is different and not right and often wonder why they stay here  but I think that sometimes if you have a valid complaint you have to voice your grievance.

Offline Shaka

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

Hi Marggie,

My Name is Osman and I am the owner of Shaka.

I do not think my staff has tried to rip you off nor they think that you arte a p ... artist , allthough i am out of the country at the moment and couldnt look in to the matter, this is a simple mistake by one of the staff and if you actually got the bill amended, i do not see what the big problem is. I ve been in tourism business for 40 years now and there are certainly no instructions coming from anywhere to rip people off in my establishments !!! We are an honest family !!! Please do not accuse us of such things !!!

We have just spent a very pleasant couple of hours on the Kordon, Shaka, with our friends.  Had a few drinks and  some food, all very enjoyable.  They advertise house wine at 6 tl a glass until 6 pm but when our bill came they had charged 7 tl a glass.  OK this was an overcharge of 8 tl (not mega money) but why do they do it?  Do they think we are all p artists and won't notice. I am the first to realise that business is difficult in the winter but overcharging will not bring in the customer.  This was an official till receipt so cannot benefit the barman!  So where has  the instruction come from?

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23:01 AM »
if the official till receipt showed the higher price then I would tend to believe that it was an honest mistake - especially when the price had been corrected when you pointed it out.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 13:15:37 PM »
We had a similar problem here, the menu said one price we were charged another, yes it was corrected but if the official till receipt does not tally with the menu price  it is a rip off. thats the law.

Offline amca

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 19:33:36 PM »
Three of us were in last weekend from 5pm.
All of our wines were charged at 7tl.
At least 3 glasses were ordered prior to 6pm.

We thought nothing of it at the time because we simply thought that the cut-price wine deal had been increased from from 6tl to 7tl.
I will be watching from now on.

And so, just from this short thread there are, at least, three sets of customers affected by this.
The owners protestations that Marggie was the subject of "a simple mistake by one of the staff " is not borne out by the evidence.

In addition, his statement  "i do not see what the big problem is" does not sit well with "I ve been in tourism business for 40 years now"

I am a frequent customer of Shaka and have been since it opened and I will continue to be so but I will be more wary, in future.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 20:55:40 PM by amca »

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 21:48:11 PM »
Looks like its time for Osman to look deeper into this.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 22:14:04 PM »
I don't know the owners but I seriously doubt they set out to make a 40p a go con on a glass of wine. If they wanted to make an extra lira they could just charge 8 lira on the menu anyway. Maybe there are more wines on the till at different prices or something.

I agree with Jim, the owner says he is away so he needs to address this on his return.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 22:52:21 PM »
i agree he needs to look into this on his return,  if it keeps occurring it will be aired here on CBF  and he could lose business especially in winter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf