Author Topic: doctors  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Lorraine

doctors
« on: May 06, 2015, 15:57:34 PM »
Any recommendations where to go if you need to see a doctor...non urgent General practitioner type visit.
Thanks
Lorraine

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: doctors
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 17:21:13 PM »
The Clinic in Calis Beach.   I know someone who lives in the area and is registered with this Doctor and my friend tells me the Doctor is very good.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 06:59:13 AM »
I can't help Lorraine but can save you a journey. Don't go to Dr Ufuk who has a surgery next to the mosque in Gunlukbasi. He's very popular with expats due to his really good English. We went to see him last week to ask if he had space on his books for friends but he told us that he has been full for some time now and couldn't help.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
doctors
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 16:26:34 PM »
I go to the same surgery, I don't see Dr Ufuk , as George says, he's booked up, but I see one of the others, who doesn't speak more than a tiny bit of English but is very nice.
I don't know if you speak any Turkish, or why you need to go but if it's just for repeat prescriptions given at the hospital you will probably be ok.
I usually get by with a mix of pigeon Turkish, google translate and lots of hand signals!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 22:32:35 PM by kayakebab »

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 19:21:12 PM »
Not knowing what you need Lorraine makes it difficult to advise, but most of the chemists here, in particular the one opposite the Migros in Fethiye centre, are as good as doctors. You can buy most medicines over the counter without prescription. If you need to see a doctor for tests etc, then there are private clinics or hospitals, or even the Devlet (State hospital) where you can see a doctor including a general practitioner (family) type doctor.

Offline lissa

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 21:34:21 PM »
Though I would certainly agree that chemists here are very good, especially the one opposite Migros in town, they are still just chemists, not doctors. So depending on what your particular health needs are, you can either visit a chemist, a clinic, Devlet hospital or one of the private ones, Esnaf and Letoon. Some drugs can be bought over the counter here, but not all. I thought the law had changed banning the sale of antibiotics over the counter, but it does not seem so. TIT - This Is Turkey!

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 05:48:38 AM »
Thank you for replies. Visit is for swollen arthritis finger joints, our first stop as always was the amazing chemist opposite Migros, cream supplied and advised to see doctor if no better. At least now we are much better informed as where doctors are to be found. As always great response from forum members.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf