Author Topic: MRI Scan in Turkey  (Read 7224 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Re: MRI Scan in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 18:53:45 PM »
I rang esnaf about an mri for my sister as she had a painful arm. She doesnt have residency. They wanted 750tl.
So she waited and had it checked when she got back to the UK.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline busybee

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 07:25:12 AM »
I would advise to bypass any Doctor and go straight to the hospital as this will cut down costs on having to pay Doctor.  You can ring the hospitals first and find out a price. 

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 23:55:21 PM »
I am a little bit baffled as to how we can decide whether we need an MRI scan, CT scan or just a plain old fashioned X Ray. WTF needs doctors? 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 06:51:17 AM »
I would advise to bypass any Doctor and go straight to the hospital as this will cut down costs on having to pay Doctor.  You can ring the hospitals first and find out a price. 

However, once you get a scan, what next? I think you will find you need a Doctor to look at it, and let you know the results and any treatment needed.  I cannot see how anyone can bypass seeing a Doctor, unless they have a lot of medical knowledge themselves.  The price of a scan for the Esnaf has also been quoted on this thread.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 13:50:20 PM »
Just go to the Devlet, they have translators there and various consultants. They also have all the equipment to carry out any necessary tests / scans. Will probably work out cheaper than private hospitals. Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »
Thank you to everyone who replied with answers and advice...
I finally went to the Dr Ali clinic down by Sunday market as I literally could not weight bear and i was flying home that night without seeing the doctor i doubt very much that i would have made the journey as was travelling alone...
Can not praise this Dr and clinic enough, i messaged him for advice he said he would need to see me to examine me, got in a cab and he saw me straight away despite having a couple of patients who were waiting for jabs, they were all great re the fact I had que jumped!
Had an examination and it is a back problem so will need to see a gp here in uk, i had a steroid injection and he also did me a fit to fly letter incase i had any problems with being allowed to fly as was limping quite badly and a script for strong painkillers for the flight...
Total cost 170 tl so just over £40 which included the consultation seen straight away,  exam  steroid injection and f.t.fly note, one of those can cost £25 alone...oh and 10 tl at eczane for the pills..
Just wish i had gone sooner as i did waste my last few days being in such pain...now to try and get an appointment with a gp here in uk to get it sorted hopefully...

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
Sounds like Sciatica.  I had that too and could hardly put my foot down on the floor to walk without terrible pain. I saw a Speclalist and he ordered an MRI Scan.   I then hand physio and acupuncture.   I also went for some Reki.  It did take a while to go away and I was on strong painkillers too.. co-codamol.   I did not have an steroid injections though.
Let us know how you get on and good luck.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 13:42:11 PM »
......and he also did me a fit to fly letter in case i had any problems with being allowed to fly

The present Mrs H got one of those last September which she handed over at the check-in desk.

The young guy on the desk was bemused by it and summoned he's mate to explain it.

Unfortunately, he was none the wiser.

Said check-in guy folded up the piece of paper and handed back. After completing the boarding details and apparantly only just noticing that Brenda was on crutches he leaned over and asked "are you fit to fly".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf