Author Topic: Dennis The Menaces  (Read 10510 times)

Offline kizkucuk

Dennis The Menaces
« on: May 09, 2010, 15:26:03 PM »
I stopped for a cocktail the other night - cheaper than most places and very good - the menu looks good and not over priced - anybody eaten here since Dennis took over?  What would you recommend?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 15:31:57 PM »
Yes we have. The food was good but not that special. Also as I have stated before the drinks price on the menu was not what we were eventually charged. Maybe they have changed them since we complained. He is a very nice guy though and his staff are good.

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 13:53:31 PM »
Where abouts is his place, over at the end of this week and usually like to look him up.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 15:55:01 PM »
it was Bambu on the front

Offline anna-marie01

Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 18:17:00 PM »
We ate there the other Saturday, I personally would recommend the Lamb Shank, absolutely delicious, also my husband recommends the liver, onion and bacon.  8)

Offline marina

Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »
Just back from Calis on Saturday and visited Dennis on several occasions.  We've know him since first visiting a few years ago and he's a really nice guy.

There's a comfortable seating area to just have a drink and the main restaurant bit is next to it.  It's in a good position for anyone who doesn't want to/can't walk too far just to the right on the prom.

Liver and onions for starters is my favourite.  Worth a visit when you're in Calis.

Offline Clioman2

Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 16:11:27 PM »
We've just got back this morning(group of 4), and ate there the first night of the 2 week holiday. We were served by the George who last year worked at the Harem: we've known him for years and although the food was good we thought it expensive. It may well have been that we didn't check the bill properly as we were pretty tired after a 12-hour delay. The girls bumped into George in Fetiye one day during our second week and he commented that we hadn't been back: he followed that up with telling them that he expected to see us at least twice before our return. We decided that was a bit too cheeky so didn't go back at all...
He claims to  be a partner in the new venture but we weren't convinced. The missus and i are back in Sept so we might pop in and give them a second chance.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 16:22:09 PM »
We ate there a couple of times and found the food good and we did not think it too expensive.  Personally, I found the helpings far too big for me to finish.  On the last visit I had piri piri chicken which was delicious, but the portion would have been enough for two.

Offline newman

Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 20:39:43 PM »
I have eaten there a few times and thought the food was fantastic. You have to wait a while but its worth waiting for. The sword fish and chicken toplia are my favourites.

Offline Steve A

Dennis The Menaces
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »
Crap name though "Dennis The Menaces"!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf