Author Topic: the best salads?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
the best salads?
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 15:19:15 PM »
Have to agree with you ken,I hate salads all covered in bloody leaves etc,it looks good but does nothing  for you except to help you pass wind! sorry.Plus at the risk of alienating everyone on here I also cannot stand Mezes.A dozen different ways to present yoghurt,with or without soured varieties and other cold bits.Its no wonder all the turkish children here are going to macdonalds etc.

Offline squiffy

• This is Tom Moss Really
the best salads?
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 15:31:01 PM »
uncle john i know you like your meat but can you still eat a steak in this heat? x

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
the best salads?
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 13:44:16 PM »
Must admit the sound of a warm beef salad did tickle my taste buds so walked along to Sat Beach Club at lunch time today.  The 6TL efes did not phase us... but after 15 minutes without being served that most certainly did even when we got up and walked out still nobody bothered!  Complacency is akin to stupidity where business is concerned. Perhaps when all the tourists are gone and they are empty in the winter they might like to ponder that aspect.:(

Offline marina

the best salads?
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 13:51:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Must admit the sound of a warm beef salad did tickle my taste buds so walked along to Sat Beach Club at lunch time today.  The 6TL efes did not phase us... but after 15 minutes without being served that most certainly did even when we got up and walked out still nobody bothered!  Complacency is akin to stupidity where business is concerned. Perhaps when all the tourists are gone and they are empty in the winter they might like to ponder that aspect.:(

Sorry to hear about that.  Admittedly it's usually May when we go there so probably not as busy as now.  However, that's no excuse for bad service and even their warm beef salad wouldn't make up for it.

As I've said on another topic on here, plenty of other good restaurants to eat in where they don't take their customers for granted.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
the best salads?
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 14:15:23 PM »
I'm sure the boss wasn't in when that happened. Such 'couldn't care less' attitudes are common, I've witnessed many. There is no way that you could be sitting in a restaurant for 15 minutes and leave unnoticed by the entire staff. In this way, workers make life so difficult for owners - if they aren't there watching 24/7, the slack attitude comes.

The way to avoid that is to pay staff based on takings (i.e. commission based on total sales) - and if that sounds good, my experience is that such systems are the ones that lead in many cases to very dubious bills.

So can you suggest a better way? :-\

Offline hydeaway

the best salads?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 16:53:27 PM »
best salad is one made at home washed with bottled water

Offline squiffy

the best salads?
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 05:49:09 AM »
well i came off the salad trail for a day on sunday and went to cafe soul for lunch. i asked them if the cheese burger on the picture was what i would be getting they said yes when i got it it looked like a piece of underlay and my friends cheese and turkish sausage toast had pubic hair in it which ade us both gag. they were also very rude to us when we complained and 5lira for a bottle of water! serkan the manager was not there because if he had been it would all have been sorted out

Offline Steve A

the best salads?
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:57 AM »
How did you know it was pubic hair and did you have to pay extra lol !

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
the best salads?
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
It was still on the underpants

Offline squiffy

the best salads?
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 09:29:47 AM »
come on you can tell with the tight curls unless shirley temple was in the kitchen!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf