Author Topic: Top choice english breakfasts  (Read 6141 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Top choice english breakfasts
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:56 AM »
My top five

1, dawn beach brothers
  2, meeting point
  3, zacumms (fethiye)
  4,  nil bar
  5, trouble and strife ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »
We had a brekky in the Er-Oz for the first time and was pleasantly surprised, for 9.50 lira, I was expecting the odd olive on the edge, but instead got grilled sliced onion and fried potatoes, could.nt finish it though, but it certainly sets you up for the day, with bacon, egg, sausage, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a drink, I found it good value, and could not ask for a nicer setting, watching the world go by,,and of course Marias always does a good brekky. but I still prefer the turkish brekky,

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:20 PM »
Oh dear Des !  you'll be in trouble when she sees her brekky only comes in at in 5th place !!!

Offline welshbrickie

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
Go to cafe Inn  regulary 10Tl including tea or coffee.Located opposite cafe pazar mmmmmmmm getting hungry just thinking about it

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »
I never feel like a full hot breakfast in Turkey.  We always have fruit and yoghurt with the local soda bread and the local jam, however this time we went to the Pork Shop opposite Tansas and bought some pork fillet and decide to get some bacon.  We had BLT sandwiches for lunch and have to say the bacon was lovely, nothing like the thin looking stuff they sell in Migros.  Could recommend it if anyone is self catering.  The guy also gave us a free can of baked beans.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 13:05:41 PM »
I don't have a top 5 but my favourite English breakfast can be found at the Almond in Ovacik on the left hand side as you go up the Babadag road. It is very tasty and also very reasonable at about 7tl exc tea or coffee.

I have tried elsewhere and I prefer not to name names if that's ok but sometimes price can also reflect size which is ok if you are a mouse and sometimes the extra large size breakfasts look great but lack taste which is quite hard for an English breakfast.

That said Big Brother and Aciktim in Hisaronu do a mean English!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 13:10:29 PM »
Sorry Des, Turkish breakfast for me as well, go to the Deniz Cafe which is just past the tent bar on the way to the Saat and order their Village Breakfast, you get about 14 different things plus hot bread which is like a cross between muffin and crumpet and all the Turkish Tea you can drink. It's brillaint.

Offline june

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 14:24:41 PM »
That Turkish brekky sounds lovely at Deniz George, we must give that a try when we are there next month....

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 15:34:59 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rimms

Sorry Des, Turkish breakfast for me as well, go to the Deniz Cafe which is just past the tent bar on the way to the Saat and order their Village Breakfast, you get about 14 different things plus hot bread which is like a cross between muffin and crumpet and all the Turkish Tea you can drink. It's brillaint.

not against turkish breakfast,in fact i quite like them, my post is about my favourite english. :) :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 15:40:25 PM »
I'm with Des on this one - it's entirely different for someone living there to crave a full English - we did. We also brought out bacon for our most recent visit and ended up giving it away  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf